Image Map

Monday, 8 July 2013

Food For The Brain :)

Dear friends,

“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
George R.R. Martin, A Dance With Dragons


  I was reading a lot about books - which to read and which not to - and as I love reading since I was small I cannot help talking about books here :) I must admit I love more Fantasy and Sci-Fi books than anything else! I absolutely adore Lord Of The Rings and everything written by Tolkien (I am more than happy to admit that I have first read the books and then I saw the movie... actually I was reading the books while they were doing the first movie :)...nice, huh?!). I also adore smelling books - the pages... I mean :) I like to first feel them and see if we make a connection. The pages smell can tell you a lot about a book. And... of course... NEVER judge a book by its covers ;)


Anyway, some time ago I bumped into a top made by Time Entertainment about "Top 10 Greatest Books Of All Time"... derived from the top 10 lists of 125 of the world's most celebrated writers combined. Read it and... well, just read it.

  1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
  2. Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
  3. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
  4. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
  5. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  6. Hamlet by William Shakespeare
  7. The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald
  8. In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust
  9. The Stories of Anton Chekhov by Anton Chekhov
  10. Middlemarch by George Eliot 
Until now,  I read all the above in green :) and I also saw numerous movies made after the above books so I must admit I am a bit proud :) 70% is done and 30% to go ;) wish me luck with the rest :)

**I didn't receive anything for this review, just wanted to share the love!**

P.S. If you read the above books let me know what you think of it - especially the last 3 :P

Your Natural-Born-Reader LadyBug :)