Image Map

Saturday, 3 August 2013

Late Post From August 1st: Warsaw Uprising

Dear friends,

I wanted to post this on the 1st of August but due to the lack of time and all things coming at once (work, friend coming to visit and... other) I did not have a chance to write a post about the "Warsaw Uprising".

69 years ago, on 1 August 1944, the Warsaw Uprising broke out. On the anniversary of this event, punctually at 5 p.m., at the W-Hour that begun the Uprising, we could hear the alarms go off. I was in the Main Square with my fiancee and we had the chance of taking a few pics (me) and shooting a short movie (my fiancee).

Here are a few pictures:


These 2 are one of my fav pictures of that day :)




                                          My proud polish fiancee watching the parade :)



                                                   Silence and alarms in the Main Square...



      Even the coffee shops were festive - with polish flags and matching ashtrays (red and white)





Well... if there is something you need to know about polish people is the fact that they are patriotic and proud (and they are loving it!)

Short and to the subject :p





**I didn't receive anything for this review, just wanted to share the love!** 

With love, yours truly,
The LadyBug :)