Image Map

Thursday, 8 August 2013

Oh! Darling!

Dear friends,

I must admit that last month I listened a lot of Beatles... I have to say I was missing them a lot. Each of theirs songs are beautiful and truly artful. Of course today I will share with you one of their songs: "Oh! Darling" :)


Here are the Lyrics:

Oh! Darling, please believe me
I'll never do you no harm
Believe me when I tell you
I'll never do you no harm

Oh! Darling, if you leave me
I'll never make it alone
Believe me when I beg you
Don't ever leave me alone

When you told me you didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly broke down and cried
When you told me you didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly broke down and died

Oh! Darling, if you leave me
I'll never make it alone
Believe me when I tell you
I'll never do you no harm

When you told me you didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly broke down and cried
When you told me you didn't need me anymore
Well you know I nearly broke down and died

Oh! Darling, please believe me
I'll never let you down
Believe me when I tell you
I'll never do you no harm

 
"Oh! Darling" was composed by Paul McCartney (credited to Lennon–McCartney) and appearing as the fourth song on the album, Abbey Road, in 1969. Its working title was "Oh! Darling (I'll Never Do You No Harm)". Although not issued as a single in either the United Kingdom or the United States, a regional subsidiary of Capitol successfully edited it as a single in Central America, having "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" as its B-side. It was also issued as a single in Portugal. Apple Records released "Oh! Darling" in Japan with "Here Comes the Sun" in June 1970.


Well... what can I say? They always were and always be perfect for any time, any moment, any year, any occasion... That is how real music sounds like. Oldies but always goldies ;)

Enjoy it :)

The LadyBug that <3 Beatles :)