Image Map

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Wear A Thing :)

Dear friends,

Thanks to awesome Geisha Moments on Facebook I bumped into many beautiful images of gheisa's in kimono and I must share my knowledge now with you :) Everything I see there reminds me of the beautiful movie/book "Memoirs of a Gheisa" :)


The Japanese Kimono




The kimono (着物, gofuku) is a traditional garment worn in Japan by both adults and children. Ki means “wear” and mono means “thing.” 


 A kimono is a T-shaped full dress robe that reaches all the way to the ankles, with long, wide sleeves and an attached collar. It is wrapped around the body, the left side over the right, unless dressing for a burial when it is the other way around. 


 A sash (obi) is tied at the back to hold the kimono in place. Traditional shoes or footwear worn with a kimono are zōri (flat thonged sandals), geta (sandals with an elevated wooden base), or a tabi (socks with split toes.)


Hope you enjoyed this small lesson about Japanese culture :)
**I didn't receive anything for this review, just wanted to share the love!**

The LadyBug :)