Image Map

Monday, 23 September 2013

Don't We All Love Paperwork?!

Dear team,

Here is what we have for today: "Monday, September 23: A "life lately" post. What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc. Bonus points for great photos!" - YES! That is right, one more Blogtember day, my friends ;)
Oh, come on! Are you interested about that? :S I would rather tell you about rainbows and unicorns and fairy dust... It is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more interesting. Or I could tell you about the meaning of life or about the 21 grams that make a difference!

Eh! Well... no one said anything so I shall carry on... Basically my live lately has been revolving around paperwork: paperwork for the wedding and paperwork for registering myself on Polish land. Yes! A lot of bureaucracy I may add... You would think that if Poland and Romania are part of the European Union they would be more aligned, but no! why would they?!


The first Friday of this month we went to Warsaw for a day. We went there not for pleasure or for fun - although we DID have that too ;) For the wedding in Poland you need multiple documents: like birth certificate of both, passport and ID's, filling out a bunch of papers and a magical document from the motherland that shows that you are not married there and that this is your first marriage... YES! Like I would marry someone in Romania and then also someone in Poland and lead a double life... (insert facepalm here!). Well you gotta do what you gotta do! In the beginning of the summertime - this year - we went to Romania and we got the paper there (do not get yourself fooled, there is a couple of more papers to fill in and taxes to pay to get it! OH! And did I mention that you need to wait almost a week?!). The issued paper is in Romanian language so we had to go to the Romanian Consulate and get issued a similar document from the Romanian Embassy but in Polish language - which we did... it takes almost 1 hour and a half to get it done, if you pay the emergency fee (50 euro - do not bring coins, just banknotes!) and it takes 2 or 3 working days if you choose the regular way... And with that paper you can carry on! So... we are one step closer...

In regards to the registering in Poland I had a shock! The over 2 years and a half I lived here, in Poland, in Krakow, do not matter unless I am registered. It does not matter that I payed 2 years of taxes, or that I have PESEL (personal identification number*) or that I pay 2 pension funds - do not even get me started with the health care! NOPE! No, my friends, that does not count! What you need to do is go to register ;) There are - of course - a bunch of papers you need: like ID, passport, birth certificate, HR document that shows that you have stable work in Poland and your contract from where you work (the one in Polish) and you need to fill in a form and bring it in 4 exemplars. You will apply for the residency and you will wait for almost a week - it is good to have someone next to you who speaks polish as you will have to leave a phone nb so they could call you when the paper is done. With that certified paper you can state that you entered Poland (YES! I entered Poland for the first time, after 2 years and a half...). What you need to do next is to CHECK IN! This process may be a bit hard... as you need to have someone willing to get you under their roof legally. You need the owner of the house/apartment to come with you - he also needs to bring the contract/papers on the house/apartment that states the places is his/hers in right - and you both need to sign a bunch of more papers... You also need to bring the paper that you are registered in Poland (you know...the one above...) and the ID's and the birth certificates and the passport. THAT is ALL! THANK GOD! I am glad I am past that and we can relax now and think only about the papers for the wedding...

Eh! but in the rest of the time things are perfectly normal and regular... Let us end this post on a brighter note! Work everyday, nice weekends with my fiancee and his family or with our friends :) Checking the blog stats and creating new posts for my friends abroad who are happy that now they know how I am - on a daily basis. Meeting new people, like Paulina from Color Me Brave :) I got paired randomly with her on the "September SMC Pairings" :) and she seems to be a sweetheart - I hope she will like the package I will do for her :) I am also making new friends here in Krakow with Marta :) she is from Krakow and she is quite gifted when it comes to taking pictures :) You can find some of here works HERE ;)

Here is one picture I really like - by her:
 

*PESEL (Polish Powszechny Elektroniczny System Ewidencji LudnoĊ›ci, Universal Electronic System for Registration of the Population) is the national identification number used in Poland since 1979. It always has 11 digits, identifies just one person and cannot be changed to another one.
The PESEL number is mandatory for all permanent residents of Poland and for temporary residents living in Poland for over 2 months. Applicants for Polish citizenship must request a PESEL number together with their passport application.
The PESEL was the system designed by the communist government (during PRL) to trace a personal information about every citizen. Itself is the direct "child" of the previous system MAGISTER (called identically like msc. studies degree in Poland), which was designed to trace and record data about "most dangerous to system and communist power" people, which basically as a danger was treated everyone with university degree.
It has the form of YYMMDDZZZXQ, where YYMMDD is the date of birth (with century encoded in month field), ZZZ is the personal identification number, X denotes sex (even number for females, odd number for males) and Q is a control digit, which is used to verify whether a given PESEL is correct or not.

P.S. I know I shall not get bonus points from Jenni as I do not have special photos :( Except the beauty from Beautygrafia... but that is none of my doing!

Yours truly,
 Your Very Own LadyBug