Image Map

Friday, 6 September 2013

Thoughts Upon Being Afraid

Dear friends,

The Blogtember seems to be quite a challenge and today I must admit that I have a very personal task... to let you know about one of my fears... well that is usually something someone would not do. Why reveal your weaknesses to the world? Why cut the branch of the tree beneath your legs? Why be so suicidal to deliver people something that people could - possibly - make fun of? WAIT! What?! Is that not FEAR itself speaking?!
Hmmm.. True that! Point taken! Being afraid of people is a fear itself ;) and tell you the truth in my life I went through a lot of fears that I learned how to manage and control. As we grow older we face different fears - from the fear of going to school as it is something new and takes us away from our mother, to the fear of your first test or the first exam at the faculty, the fear of making the right choice with your job, the fear of getting married vs. being alone... Everyone has fears but as Franklin Roosevelt said once "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself." Can I get an AMEN! for that?

One of my principal fear when I was young was the fear of dark. If I would be alone in a dark room I would have problems falling asleep. And if - God forbid! - I was home alone and I had to go from one end of the house to the other one and the lights would be off I would just run for my life to the other end - of course, while lighting all the lights on my way there (with a not so stable hand ;) ). My sister, on the other hand, had no issue with it - she could go in any room at any given time with any amount of light... She had no fear! :) I had to grow out of it and it took a lot of patience and time and training to do that. Now I have no issue of sleeping alone in a dark room or going from one side of the house to the other :) But I still have this weird feeling that... someone is watching... but! I know someone up there loves me and takes care :)

Yours truly,
The LadyBug :*