Image Map

Saturday, 28 September 2013

Why Do We Love Audrey Tautou

Dear friends,

Almost 2 weeks ago I was thinking of movies I love and I would re-watch constantly. One of the movies that came into my mind was Amelie, Coco Avant Chanel and A Very Long Engagement - and guess what?! All of them have one red string connecting them: Audrey Tautou! :)
But why do we love Audrey? What makes her so lovable for the audience that meets her?
Well sincerely I have fallen in love with her the first time I saw her in Amelie - I loved her little things, her little pleasures in which I found myself :) Including cracking with the teaspoon the surface of a creme brulee...
Come on! Who hasn't as a small child put fruits on top of their fingers and ate them one by one!?
Audrey is the kind of quiet and sweet child-like face lady who you immediately fall in love with.
Let me do just a short list on that:
  1. She is French
  2. She won the hearts of million people worldwide only with the movie Amelie
  3. She made us fall in love with her again on A Very Long Engagement and made us thirst for more of her on the big screen
  4. We loved her pairing with Tom Hanks in The Da Vinci Code
  5. She made an extremely convincing Coco Chanel in the movie Coco Avant Chanel
  6. Because she will always love a surprise instead of a boring and dull life (“I never want to do the same things twice. I like surprises.”)
  7. She takes pictures of each reporter who interviews her and keeps them in a scrapbook... well... tell me the truth, does that not sound like a thing Amelie would do? :) She was a perfect cast for the movie!
  8. She respects her homeland - Tautou once said  “I am, at the end of the day, a French actress. I am not saying I will never shoot an English-language movie again, but my home, my community, my career is rooted in France. I would never move to Los Angeles.”
  9. Audrey is very well educated and besides french, her mother language, she speaks perfect German and English :)
  10. Over the years, she has also been very successful in the world of modeling appearing as the face of global brands like “Marie Claire” and “Vogue"
  11. One of her favourite authors are Victor Hugo and Oscar Wilde - what can I say?! The lady has taste!
  12. She puts her family first! Although invited, she did not attend the private screening of Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le (2001) organized and attended by President Jacques Chirac. She had a previous engagement with her brother. Btw in case you did not know, she is the eldest of the 4 family members :) She has a brother and 2 sisters...
  13. Favourite music composers are Ravel, Mozart and Frédéric Chopin. Can you imagine THAT?! the lady loves Chopin - the Polish amazing composer <3
  14. She said that Meryl Streep, Paul Newman, Juliette Lewis, Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore are her idols. Need I say more?! Those are one of my fav actors and hers too! So meant to be! The fact that she recognizes true talent makes her earn extra points ;)
And I do believe the list could go on :) She is just to adorable not to love and once you see a movie with her you will ask for more! And I - as a french movie lover - cannot get enough of it! :) She is intoxicating and I admit it - hand raised to my heart...

Yours truly,
The Audrey Tautou Fan LadyBug :)