Almost 2 weeks ago I was thinking of movies I love and I would re-watch constantly. One of the movies that came into my mind was Amelie, Coco Avant Chanel and A Very Long Engagement - and guess what?! All of them have one red string connecting them: Audrey Tautou! :)
Come on! Who hasn't as a small child put fruits on top of their fingers and ate them one by one!?
Audrey is the kind of quiet and sweet child-like face lady who you immediately fall in love with.
- She is French
- She won the hearts of million people worldwide only with the movie Amelie
- She made us fall in love with her again on A Very Long Engagement and made us thirst for more of her on the big screen
- We loved her pairing with Tom Hanks in The Da Vinci Code
- She made an extremely convincing Coco Chanel in the movie Coco Avant Chanel
- Because she will always love a surprise instead of a boring and dull life (“I never want to do the same things twice. I like surprises.”)
- She takes pictures of each reporter who interviews her and keeps them in a scrapbook... well... tell me the truth, does that not sound like a thing Amelie would do? :) She was a perfect cast for the movie!
- She respects her homeland - Tautou once said “I am, at the end of the day, a French actress. I am not saying I will never shoot an English-language movie again, but my home, my community, my career is rooted in France. I would never move to Los Angeles.”
- Audrey is very well educated and besides french, her mother language, she speaks perfect German and English :)
- Over the years, she has also been very successful in the world of modeling appearing as the face of global brands like “Marie Claire” and “Vogue"
- One of her favourite authors are Victor Hugo and Oscar Wilde - what can I say?! The lady has taste!
- She puts her family first! Although invited, she did not attend the private screening of Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain, Le (2001) organized and attended by President Jacques Chirac. She had a previous engagement with her brother. Btw in case you did not know, she is the eldest of the 4 family members :) She has a brother and 2 sisters...
- Favourite music composers are Ravel, Mozart and Frédéric Chopin. Can you imagine THAT?! the lady loves Chopin - the Polish amazing composer <3
- She said that Meryl Streep, Paul Newman, Juliette Lewis, Jodie Foster and Julianne Moore are her idols. Need I say more?! Those are one of my fav actors and hers too! So meant to be! The fact that she recognizes true talent makes her earn extra points ;)
The Audrey Tautou Fan LadyBug :)