Image Map

Thursday, 26 September 2013

Yin And Yang

Dear friends,

Guess what?! I just realized that in a month I have my birthday! :o
But nevermind that, today we have a tough one: "Thursday, September 26: Go to a coffee shop. Order a favorite drink. Write about what makes you happy and what makes you sad. Or write about anything you'd like! Bonus points for including a photo from the coffee shop. (I recommend downloading Ommwriter and bringing headphones along!) *if you can't make it to a coffee shop, at least leave your usual space and write someplace new."

Well... guess what?! I am going to break this rule and I will not be in a coffee shop. Instead I will do something I never did before, and I will write while I am at work. No worries, I will not cheat the system, I will just use the hour of break that I have and try to be short and to the subject ;) Instead of my fav drink I will just have a glass of water or a cup of tea and try to focus on the things that make me happy vs. the things that make me sad... oh! in both cases that is quite a list so I really need to stay sharp and short :p

In Chinese culture, Yin and Yang represent the two opposite principles in nature. Yin characterizes the feminine or negative nature of things and yang stands for the masculine or positive side. Yin and yang are in pairs, such as the moon and the sun, female and male, dark and bright, cold and hot, passive and active, etc. But yin and yang are not static or just two separated things. The nature of yinyang lies in interchange and interplay of the two components. The alternation of day and night is such an example. 

That is what we should talk about today: our yin & yang, our positive & negative, our happyness & sadness... as it never comes one without the other...

It makes me happy and it makes me feel like I reached my happy place and I feel like a bumblebee due to the fact that me and my awesome fiancee will soon be getting married. I am happy that I am engaged with him and that he truly loves me and respects him, as I also do him. I am happy that we have the same views in long term life even though we are such 2 different personalities. I am happy that he found me and that I opened my eyes to see what we could become. I am happy that we managed to work out our differences and that we are together after 2 years :) I am happy that we found the perfect wedding rings and I am extremely happy that he is next to me :)

I am sad that the world has so much bureaucracy in it and getting married inside EU means going back and forward between embassies and consulates and tax offices and so on... I am sad people still think Romania is a 3rd World country and - as I usually like to make fun... - say that "we live in trees and we eat bananas"... I am sad I do not get to see my friends as often as I would like and I am sad I do not get to travel as often and as far/wild/exotic as I would wish... I am sad I do not get to see my family each day and I am sorry I am such a pain in the arse... I do love them from the bottom of my heart and I wish I could be with them but this is the path I have chosen and I love where I am, and I am thankful for the lessons I am learning each day... as hard as it may sound and as much as I would cry from time to time and feel scared I am also brave and I know that I will make it through....

Yours truly,
The Truthful LadyBug