I was thinking lately about the things that make me sad and the things that make me happy. I have this tendency of seeing the world in black and white. I can neither see, nor feel, the shades of grey... For me the world is either right or wrong, yin or yang... never a combination and never something in between. Tell you the truth, I used to be very much like Pollyanna (dunno if you know the story but I really recommend it and it is quite a nice children's book) but the last years changed me and I have this tendency not to see the good things in life anymore...
But you can get de-stressed by:
- having some quality time with the one you love :) (eg. I love when my fiancee and I have our own quality time on Saturdays and we go out for a long walk and we enjoy a treat at one of our favourite coffee places, or when my fiancee is cooking something really nice and we end up watching a movie while eating and talking... My favourite time of the day!)
- watching a good movie you like,
- watching a movie with your friends and laughing out loud with them,
- going out for an expo that you would enjoy,
- having a walk with someone you love/like,
- going for a cup of tea with your friends,
- reading a good book - be it a new one you heard of or an old one you are just re-reading,
- watching/re-watching a series you love/like,
- catching up with your friends via Skype of Facebook or any other media,
- having field trips with family/friends/the one you love/like,
- going for a holiday trip/travel (I for one, adore that! And I never see traveling as stressful!)
- My parents - without them I would not be here, I would not be alive, I would not be who I am.
- My awesome fiancee :) - as he is my better half and he is the one showing me the positive things when I do not see them
- My sister - for being a pain in the arse :p but a pain I love and I look up to :)
- My grandparents - as they raised me up and thought me how to behave and how to think right
- My family- for being the closest kin in the world and even though I do not see my aunts and uncles I know that they are still there... cheering up for me :)
- My friends - for being there for me when I needed them and also for the ones who let me down as they also taught me a lesson by that...
- My sense of touch - as I am able to feel all the things around me and I can tell if something is hard or soft or scratchy or smooth or thin or thick...
- My sense of smell - as I can smell the flowers in the gardens, the perfume of the one I love, the specific hospital scences and even the smell of things that rot...
- My eyesight - for I am able to see the ones I love and see the changes in the world and in people...
- My hearing -as I am able to listen music, to love Chopin, to hear the voice of the ones I love :)
- My sense of taste - as I am able to tell what is sour and what is sweet and enjoy the cupcakes and the things that my husband to be is cooking :)
- My speech - as I do not stutter and I do not blabber and I am able to express myself coherently
- My body - as it performs all its functions very well and I am able to walk and grab thing and hold the people I love, hug them tight and smile :)
- My studies - as I was able to learn so many wonderful things and have so many mentors in life in my teachers...
- My travels - as they opened my eyes to what the world is and what it has for me, for showing the fact that out there a place for me exists and someone out there is waiting for me
- My jobs - as I learned more about myself while working, for making friends that remain through the life and for showing me I can push my limits and learn more and be different each day yet remaining the same :)
- My current company - as it is the place where I met my future husband :) and for the fact that right now I have a job, unlike other people who wish for one but cannot have it (due to various reasons...)...
- My home - be it in Iasi, where my family lives, be it in Stara Wies, from where my fiancee is, be it in Krakow, where I am living now... Home is where your heart is and if your heart is in a million places, so your home will be :) Not to mention that "home is where you lay your head" :) So my home is right next to my fiancee :) But also I am thankful I HAVE a home! 4 walls and a roof... unlike thousands of other people :(
- Food - for the glorious food my fiancee makes, for the amazing food my Granny prepares :)
- Electricity & Internet - as I can use my laptop and get connected to different media so I can talk to my family and my friends as fast as I want :)
- Water system - as I am able to wash myself daily and hydrate properly :)
- Clothes I have - as I do not go prancing naked on the street and I do not fear of being cold :)
- Weather - I love Autumn :) It is my season and I have my birthday soon :)
- Wedding - as it is coming soon with huge steps and on the 9th August I will be able to officially and fully call my fiancee: "My Husband" :)
- Books and Movies - as they brighten up my day and they take me to magical and far away places :)
The Thankful LadyBug :)