Image Map

Thursday, 19 December 2013

Carina's Sunshine Award

Dear friends,

I got tagged last Friday/Saturday by lovely Carina from Windswept Wishes with the Sunshine Award. I am so sorry for being so late in doing this post, I kinda got mixed and sidetracked by other thoughts and projects but I could not miss replying to Carina's sweet post.
The Rules of the Sunshine Award:
  • Post 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger who nominated you.
  • Nominate 11 bloggers.
  • Write 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer.
  • And don't forget to let the person who nominated you know when you have written up your post!!
 11 Facts About Me:
  1. I am a true expat and I love that - born in Romania, settled in Poland.
  2. I love to travel - if I would be given the opportunity to pick the job of my dreams right now it would be involved in moving between countries, study the locals and their culture and take as many pictures as the camera and the memory stick can hold :p
  3. I love photography - ever since I was a little girl I was the one with the camera. I had a Konica Minolta with film strip and I really loved that camera! I would raise money to buy the film and later on to develop it but I really loved the feeling of holding the camera and seizing the moment :) I tried Sony Cybershot, I tried Nikon and now I own with my lovely husband a cute Canon :)
  4. I enjoy reading - as much as I can, as often as I can. I also have an eBook reader but I use it only when I travel or when I wanna carry a book "just in case I need it" with me. Takes less space ;) I buy books that I like or that I read or that I wanna read... I love smelling a book (especially a fresh one, just out of the printer!) and you must believe me when I tell you they never smell the same ;) (now don't you dare think of me weird, it is a thing I have done ever since I was little, and I suggest you do it once before you judge!)
  5. My personal favourite writers include: Jane Austen, The Bronte Sisters, C S Lewis, J K Rowling and J R R Tolkien - just to name a few ;) if you will search any bookstand or library I have you will see at least a copy of one of their books there. I can tell you even where exactly they are placed and how they look like, cover and all ;)
  6. I delight in watching movies with my adorable husband - we are constantly teaching eachother so many things! We both love movies and there are some movies that we both enjoy very much. We have this thing that is we like/love a movie we must also support it. And that means buying the DVD of that certain movie - the last one we bought was the Blu-Ray of Les Miserables <3 that also included the CD with the soundtrack... Heavenly!
  7. My husband taught me more than I would think I would know about Polish history ;))) that will also include movies on that subject. And I must admit I am a huge fan of the Polish series Czas Honoru :) We even bought the DVD's for series 1-5 and watched them together. Polish sound and subtitles in English and I have to admit that this also helped in my learning of the language. They show is positioned during Second World War - the period after the Warsaw Uprising. But he also taught me about Norman Davies and about the hussars (that was the only piece of Polish history that sounded familiar at first, when we started talking...).
  8. My dream get-away place is Ireland or Scotland - I have never been there but ever since I was small I was a huge fan of celtic music, tap dancing, Irish & Scottish accents, kilts, bodhrans and tin whistles, clovers and pots of gold and leprechauns and fairies and pixies :) One day I shall visit those places and my heart shall be filled with joy!
  9. The place I have been in and felt like home - well... I have 3 places: home :p (you did not see that one coming, did you?!) + Greece + Poland (to be exact in Krakow, that is why I eventually moved here!)
  10.  I love to eat watermellons without a knife... just biting out of them... takes me down to my childhood where all things were much more simple than they are right now...
  11. I talk to plants and to books and to objects sometimes like they would have real life. I might even name a few of them ;))) just for fun! no harm ever came out of that! And plants grow stronger ;) you should try that and let me know how it went ;) but stay open minded!
Carina's Questions:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
I usually stretch my limbs like a cat and if my husband did not go for work I kiss him :)
2. What would you tell your younger self?
Stay strong and learn as many languages as you can - one day it will get better and you will find the love of your life and stop thinking yourself as the ugly duckling ;)
3. What is your favourite thing to bake?
Cupcakes :) I am really good at that! Unfortunately my oven does not close properly so I can hardly wait for our home where I would be able to bake that! :)
4. What are you excited for in 2014?
The Big Fat Polish-Romanian-English Wedding ;))) Church ceremony and the big party :)
5. What's your favourite movie?
Hard one... oh! The Young Victoria and Bright Star and North & South BBC 2004 Series... and loads more!It is hard to pick a fav book or movie. I have many and I would not do them justice but I can say that the above mentioned ones I could watch any day!
6. What would your dream home be like?
An apartment with 3 rooms - one for guests, one for kids and one for me and my most precious husband.
7. What do you like to do to get inspired when suffering writers (or 'bloggers') block?
Watch and movie or read a book. That always helps a lot ;) or just go out for a walk - there are so many things to see and to do in this world... Just open your eyes ;)
8. What social justice issue are you most invested in?
Oh... I am a pain in the arse with that one... but I do support my friends (who shall not be named for security purposes) in prayer - I have friends who are missionaries. 
9. How are you spending Christmas?
This is going to be my first Christmas just with my husband :) 
10. What would you do on your idea of a perfect day?
A walk with my Pinocchio and maybe some coffee/tea/hot choco out in town and then cooking at home and watching a movie together :)
11. What goal are you currently working towards?
The Wedding next year - finding the location of church and party is checked off the list but pretty much everything needs to be done ;)

My Nominees:
1. Megan from Ginger Snaps
2. Jenni from Story Of My Life
3. Bekah from Re*Solve
4. Tania from Rowdy Fairy
5. Katie from Hope Engaged
6. Chelsea from Lost In Travels
7. Katie from .coeurs de foxes
8. Bonnie from A Compass Rose
9. Emma from Adventures of a London Kiwi
10. Brittany from The Rococo Roamer
11.Paulina from Color Me Brave

The LadyBug's Questions:
1. What is your fav book?
2. What is your dream location to travel?
3. If you could choose 3 objects to take on a trip (and nothing else) what would those be?
4. What 3 objects you always have arround you / in your purse?
5. What is the fav picture you ever taken?
6. Would you stop time, fast forward or go back?
7. What is your fav color and why? Do you have memories connected to it?
8. Cupcakes or muffins? And why?
9. Weekend in bed under the cover or up and running all over the place?
10. If you would be anyone else, who would you be?
11. What is your fav movie or book quote of all time?

Yours truly,
The Sunshine Awarded LadyBug