Image Map

Monday, 30 December 2013

Caverna

Dear friends,

Remember how a few days ago I was telling you about Caverna - the fresh new place opened by my husbands brother, who is a Chef? Well if not, shame on you! :p I went there the weekend before Christmas to help them out a bit by shooting out some pictures of the place. I can't help it, if someone asks me for pictures I can't help saying YES! :)
So enthusiastically I managed to take a deep breath and face the journey to Limanowa - there are a bunchload of curves, although it is only 2 hours away from Krakow, and I hate curves with all my heart... We went to the place Saturday morning before the Grand Opening - that was 2 days ago, on the 28th of December 2013. They were still working on the last details but I could take a look around and enjoy 2 of the 3 rooms.
The Restaurant/Cafe is called Caverna and indeed it has an underground feel about it. The wood in combination wth rock and the carefully selected details blend in nicely. There is a VIP room with soft couches that have a leather aspect and have a dark brown color that goes nicely with the all wood sturdy tables. Also in the VIP room there is an old-fashioned white brick fireplace that connects nicely with the white tablecloth and white curtains and white flowerpots on each table ;)
In the future there will also be a couple of puff chairs for lounging. In each room there are huge screens for broadcasting music videos and all in a low enough volume not to bother people and so that you could hear eachother ;) and that - for me at least! - is a grand plus!
The connection between the VIP room and Main Room is made by the small yet realy pretty bar, that leads to the main kitchen and the offices. The bar was not yet stacked at that time, but no worries, I shall go again soon and also take pictures of that and the awesome and glorious food ;) fear not!
Unfortunately, as the Restaurant is just at its beginnings the menu and serving is done at this moment just in Polish Language, but the people serving are warm and kind so everything you will need they will be able to understand and help you ;) I trust in them!
The portions of wall made out of small pieces of trees are just amazing!
The Welcoming Fireplace :)
Details of the fireplace :)
Who would like a shot? :P
White & Red Rock Walls
Smokers allowed ;)
Smokers are allowed in the premises and smokes will be sold inside the Restaurant so fear not or remaining without smokes while enjoying your meal ;) As a second minus though, at this point, is the fact that you can pay by cash only and no cards allowed.
A beer anyone?! :)
The location of the Restaurant: PIƁSUDSKIEGO 17, 34-600 Limanowa, Poland.
Food Styles:
  • Brunch
  • Burgers
  • Diners
  • Fast Food (Pizza included, by the way ;) and all sortiments have family names :) )
Hours: Mon - Sun: 11:00 - 23:00
In case the lovely small white lamps seem familiar - the ones from the Main Room - you are right, they were from IKEA :) and they go gloriously with the white-blue tablecloth that makes me thing a bit of Greece and make me expect of going out and seeing the sea... hearing the waves...
The place has a very intimate feeling about it - the candles and the fireplace and the warmth of the stone walls must do the trick! - and I really love the bar area with the old pictures of Limanowa - by the way the building is older than the Second World War! and there is a picture in Caverna of it ;)
The 3rd room was not yet done at the time I took the pictures but it will be the children's room, where clients will be able to leave their children and have the meal in peace and quiet. It also can have a double function as dancing room in case of big parties and in case of small weddings - the place can hold a wedding up to 80 people. The big plus in that room, in my humble opinion, is the huge mirror on one of the walls, that allows you to watch all the room + the dancing globe light :)
Now I would like to tell you about the food but at this point, when I have no pictures to show,  it would be unwise ;) so I shall be doing a post later on, when I get to take some fresh pictures. My husband's brother is a Chef and he used to work at the place where we shall have the wedding but he quit in order to open Caverna. I shall tell you just two things:
1) when people found out he was leaving, they wanted to change the wedding place to where he is and the Restaurant asked him to be the Chef at least for those weddings - our included ;)
2) I never eat fish - unless I am forced by the circumstances... - yet at the traditional wedding I was this year, in the same place we shall do the wedding next year,  I ate the most awesome fish in my entire life! Cooked my Marek's brother ;)
More fireplace details :p
The Fireplace - the heart of the VIP Room
Ladies - Men's Room :) Matching!
In love with the door handles! <3
The Soul of the Party :)
Me and my cute husband :)
Ah! Forgot to tell you another thing! For Spring-Summer-Autumn time there is also going to be a patio place, with wooden benches and unbrellas to shelter you from the sun/rain and with lovely flowers around you ;) I - for one - really wanna try that :)
For Good Luck ;)
**This post was done out of love for my family - extended family - and I trust in my husband's brother and in his creative culinary skills! He managed to get me eating fish! and that, my friends, is a great thing to do! I can hardly wait for Spring to take my husband there and maybe he will have some pizza and I shall eat again fish ;) I am a very brave person! And I recommend you to try that as well!**

Yours truly,
A New Caverna Fan - The LadyBug