Image Map

Monday, 23 December 2013

Our Very Own Christmas Tree

Dear friends,

I always loved Christmas with all my heart and I always tried to cherish it all year round. Out of all festivities there is one that is very close to my heart - setting up the Christmas Tree. Ever since I was a wee lass I would fight with my sister over whom would have the honour of decorating the Christmass each year. Of course in the end we would be both decorating it but we always had different views over how it should look like in the end... But also each time we would both be very proud of the result :)
I remember doing with my mum and with my Granny handmade decorations - of dried orange peels and special colored and wrinkled paper... we would do small baskets to put candies in or small hedgehogs out of the chocolate wrapping paper... the one that sparkled :) it was so much fun and we would all sit and work at that and have fun... I miss and love my childhood memories at my grandparents house. They were warm and happy and carefree and I am happy that my grandparents took me and my sister and raised us up :) I am proud that I am very much like them and I can hardly wait to tell my future children about my Christmasses as a small child...
I lived in Poland - in magical Krakow - for more than 3 years now but I never had a Christmas Tree. The first Christmas in Poland I spent it with Marek and his family - as just friends ;) - and last year we went to Romania - for Christmas and for New Year - so I did not feel the need for a tree. But this year we realised that we both wanted it. It was going to be Our Very Own Christmas Tree! Our first Christmas as a family and not as a couple... as a FAMILY! Our first of the many more Christmasses to come... together... as a family!
My husband's and my very own owl :) Mine is the green one, of course ;)
We wanted to buy the ecological tree - although the real tree smells better and it is more Christmassy like I feel bad about the cutting of trees just to have them a few days in your house... - and we had our mind setup on a specific one - not big and not small and not very fluffy and more real-like. But surprise! Friends like ours you will not find :) They bought it as a gift for us - very close to our wedding day - and they also bought red globes, which was extremely awesome! as we - me and my adorable husband - agreed on having an old-fashioned, traditional Christmas Tree, all green and red :)
Now you see me... and the Christmas Tree ;)))
I wanted us to have something special, that we could remember in the years to come, so I bought 2 Christmas ornaments in the shape of 2 small owls. One for me and one for my husband :) Mine is the one with more green ;) And we agreed that when we will have small kittens of ours own - that means children ;) - we will have an owl for each :) and if we will not be able to find owls for the tree I shall make some especially for them, and when they will grow up they will put them in the tree theirselves :)
Now to all of your Grinches out there... “And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow,
stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.”

Et voila! The Christmas Tree!
Yours truly,
The LadyBug that is not a Grinch ;))