Image Map

Wednesday, 11 December 2013

The One About My Mum And My Sister

Dear friends,

It takes me a while to settle down and get back on track after this high fever rush week that just passed. Monday, 2nd of December, at around 4:00 am (yes! early in the morning ;) rise and shine!) my mother, my sister and my father reached Krakow safely. I had to go to work early in the morning and be there at 8 am so no sleep was in order ;) and zombie mode was activated instantly :)
They came for a full week and left Monday, 9th of December, at around 3:30 pm. I miss them already and I missed them yesterday as well... I miss them more and more each day but it is not well to dwell on negative thoughts so I will share with you these next days pictures from last week, when I totally disconnected from everything that was social media and I logged just once a day on FB just to check how many likes and comments I received with the ocasion of the marriage ;))) Needless to say I had a huge backlog Tuesday morning when I started reading my email and messages and replied one by one :)
Now these pictures were taken by my lovely and talented big sister :) As you know I have written about her on THIS POST :) if you ddid not know that or you do not remember jump by that post and you will read more ;) She took these lovely pictures in her first walk with my parents in Krakow. They managed to get to the Galeria Krakowska and the small Christmas Market and also to the Main Square :) These pictures with the lovely trees and ornaments are taken there by my sister :)
My sisters fav shot of the day: 2nd December
My fav shot of the day done by my sister :)
A lovely and colorful handmade necklace my mum liked :)
I have no idea and no words to express how much I love my mother and my sister. And this post is dedicated to them. My sister is totally different yet so very much alike myself. She is the colorful, rebelious soul, the artistic one, the experimental, the chameleon :* I love her dearly and it is hard to know her miles apart yet I know she is always with me, in my heart. People have different opinions in regards to us: that we are totally different or that we are very much alike - we are both! :) We were brought up in the same house, under the same roof, by the same 2 adorable and kind and loving grandparents yet we always made different choices - be it our lifestyle, be it our friends, or the books we read or the things we eat. I love the yellow part of the egg, she loves the white. She loves fries, I love the meat :p She was popular ever since she was in kindergarden, I was popular just due to the fact that I used to kick arse with boys... We hated our guts we pulled our tails and we said bad things to eachother but at the end of the day we knew that in fact we love eachother - and each day more than the last one. She is kind, and gentle (when she wants to :p) and she is like a big soft kitty :) and I love her :* and I am proud that one day my kind will have her as aunt :)
My mum is the soul of the family - just so you know, my Granny is the heart of the family :* and I love you Granny :* a whole bunch! and I miss you! A LOT!!! I can hardly wait to come and visit next year ;) My mum is my best friend and I miss her so much each day. I wish that the distance would be shorter... but hey! that is a choice I made so no going back ;) My mum is our Jiminy Cricket, she is our conscience, she is the one who talks to God about each and every one of us. Most of the time we are indeed a pain in the arse, but we do our best to change ;) I take a lot of things from my mum (and my awesome Granny!) and I am very proud of that. We are both stubborn, we are both brave, we like to take chances and we like to have our own little place that we call solid ground. I take it from my mum any talent I have concerning architecture and drawing without being trained to do so :) having an eye for that and developing it was all due to her :* I miss having tea and going out for a cake or book shopping for her... or just even having a stroll along the city, just the 2 of us, laughing and talking... planning to conquer the world together :) 
“When God Created Mothers"
When the Good Lord was creating mothers, He was into His sixth day of "overtime" when the angel appeared and said. "You're doing a lot of fiddling around on this one."
And God said, "Have you read the specs on this order?" She has to be completely washable, but not plastic. Have 180 moveable parts...all replaceable. Run on black coffee and leftovers. Have a lap that disappears when she stands up. A kiss that can cure anything from a broken leg to a disappointed love affair. And six pairs of hands."
The angel shook her head slowly and said. "Six pairs of hands.... no way."
It's not the hands that are causing me problems," God remarked, "it's the three pairs of eyes that mothers have to have."
That's on the standard model?" asked the angel. God nodded.
One pair that sees through closed doors when she asks, 'What are you kids doing in there?' when she already knows. Another here in the back of her head that sees what she shouldn't but what she has to know, and of course the ones here in front that can look at a child when he goofs up and say. 'I understand and I love you' without so much as uttering a word."
God," said the angel touching his sleeve gently, "Get some rest tomorrow...."
I can't," said God, "I'm so close to creating something so close to myself. Already I have one who heals herself when she is sick...can feed a family of six on one pound of hamburger...and can get a nine year old to stand under a shower."
The angel circled the model of a mother very slowly. "It's too soft," she sighed.
But tough!" said God excitedly. "You can imagine what this mother can do or endure."
Can it think?"
Not only can it think, but it can reason and compromise," said the Creator.
Finally, the angel bent over and ran her finger across the cheek.
There's a leak," she pronounced. "I told You that You were trying to put too much into this model."
It's not a leak," said the Lord, "It's a tear."
What's it for?"
It's for joy, sadness, disappointment, pain, loneliness, and pride."
You are a genius, " said the angel.
Somberly, God said, "I didn't put it there.”
― Erma Bombeck, When God Created Mothers
“Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink.” ― Barbara Alpert
***
I would not have any sister or any mother from any time from any country! It is said that you do not choose your family, but you choose your friends. Well, dear hearts, I love my family and I choose my sister and my mum to be my friends! And that says it all :) they are and will be always a part of my heart and my soul. I am proud of them and I love them and I will never be afraid to say that or admit it! :) Thank you mum and thank you Dana for coming here :* for staying this last week with me and for joining me in seeing my best friend and fiance becoming my husband, and the man of my life :)

Yours truly,
The Family Lover LadyBug :)