Image Map

Tuesday, 28 January 2014

A Cold Wind From The North

Dear friends,

A cold wind was blowing from the north, and it made the trees rustle like living things.” ― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones. Last week, by this time, I was waking up and getting ready for work - even on my way there, walking. It was raining but not the normal type of rain, it was somewhat frosty and icicles began to form outside. When I arrived at work my umbrella was not wet from the rain but rather frozen - like the clothes you leave out to dry and you come out in the morning to find them stiff and unyielding... Later on, in the night, the frost transformed and from rain it switched to snow... We woke up in the early morning on the 22nd to find everything covered in a thick cover of fresh and clean white snow :)
22nd January 2014 - The First Real Snow Of This Winter! :)
I love snow since I was a wee lass - snowball fighting and making angels in the fresh snow was something that I always did :) So in the morning when I saw the white covers I immediately thought of that - of being a small child and playing around in the pure white snow, without any worries and cares in the world. Unfortunately I had to get my arse moving and get to work... But I loved loved loved that day! It was much more warmer - snow always helps, it brings the temperature up and gives a feeling of warmth - and much more nicer outside - let us be frank, with the trees empty and the rain in the previous days everything was muddy and the city looked very grim! - so the walk was very relaxing and refreshing. I came up to work and greeted everyone with "Merry Christmas!" - what can I say, I was a really happy bumblebee ;)))
And as George Martin predicted Winter Arrived! :) A Cold Wind came and overtook the city - and not just Krakow, if you check the news you will see other cities/countries affected. I love it and I am enjoying the snow - not enjoying the cold though :p I just hope that by the middle of February the weather would get better - warmer - so that while we will have our small holiday not huddled up in a thousand layers of clothing - more on that later on, right now it is a secret just between me/my husband and Dana :*
Let it snow, let it snow...
P.S. Sorry I did not get a chance to take better pictures of this lovely snowy Krakow - the weekend we were busy with guests and friends so no going out in the Main Square was possible, but maybe this weekend we shall give it a try ;) I am also sorry that it took me so long to post this post ;))) - It's not like the first snow was a week ago... -  I got busy with work and got sidetracked... + Sorry for the bad quality of the pics that were taken by my phone - except the last one, that was done by camera but with very bad settings and in a rush.

Yours truly,
The LadyBug that loves that Winter Arrived! :)