Image Map

Sunday, 26 January 2014

Be Comfortable In Your Own Skin

Dear friends,

I don't know what's up with me lately but I cannot pull myself into doing a normal post about what is up with me/my husband/us/the family... Each time I have to think of something connected to it, having a larger than life meaning. Same for today... I just wanted to share with you today a bit of my latest discovery: INGLOT Lipstick ;) To be extremely precise, the INGLOT Lipstick #44.
Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick.
Gwyneth Paltrow
To get you more familiar with this adorable company I shall quote from their site ;)
"INGLOT Company was established over 30 years ago by Wojtek Inglot, a young chemist working at that time in R&D department in pharmaceutical company.
His principal objective was to produce high quality products at fair and reasonable prices, using only the best possible ingredients and raw materials from the most reputable suppliers.
All Inglot cosmetics are produced within the European Union and 95% of them are manufactured in our own state of the art production facilities.
We work with make-up artists and colour consultants to bring the latest trends in colour, texture and form to the market. We are constantly developing new products and have just launched the world’s first ever Breathable Nail Enamel ensuring better health care for nails whilst enhancing their beauty.
Our unique Freedom System allows customers to experiment with countless shades and colour combinations of different face products, giving them the opportunity to create their own customized colour palette. We are present in over 450 retail locations worldwide."
 ***
I don't usually wear makeup or lipstick... I prefer to be myself and not have my face cracking under makeup. I prefer to be comfortable in my own skin. It took me 27 something years in order to feel in peace with myself and how I look - who am I kidding?! I am still struggling with that :p - so having something extra on it will not help. It will just probably make it worse... Plus it takes time and patience to draw straight lines and find the perfect combination according to each outfit you wear. Why bother?! Why actually try to look like someone I am not? My husband loves me for who I am and how I look everyday not how a picture of someone would look like. He was in love with me without makeup and as I do not wear it that often the first time he saw me done for a wedding he said I look older... I know that was supposed to be a compliment, but that showed me more that I should do this even less :p I agree with the adorable actress Gwyneth Paltrow when she said that beauty - for her - is about beining comfortable in your own skin ;) and I also agree with the fact that you need a kick-ass red lipstick :)
***
Ever since I was little I had a constant love-hate relationship with lipsticks. My mum always had one and I always wanted to wear it and even though my mum would let me have I was not able to keep it on for more than half an hour... I would eat it in the meanwhile... It was such an awkward sensation to have something moist and sweet and sticky on your lips... and having a different color... Totally mindblowing for a lass in first/second grade... But keeping it on was a whole issue! I really don't know how my sister picked it up so fast... by the end of 4th grade she could master makeup by herself - eyeshadow, lipstick, eyeliner, mascara... you name it! We both even tried blue lipstick :))) That was wild and I loved it but again... did not last long... For me it just feels odd and un-natural, for my sister is like an extension of her personality. And I respect that and love that and encourage that :) 
***
My husbands first gift for me was a makeup set from INGLOT - I was surprised and I tried it and I must admit I found it very matching to my skin. My skin is very sensitive and becomes red at the slightest change or if something does not please it... Well this makeup was perfect - no red skin, no red eyes, no problem with the texture and no clogging when applying it! It was like Heaven! Since then I kept my eyes opend and when my sister came I immediately took her to the shop and even bought her presents from there a couple or 2 times ;))) And guess what, she is a fan - mission accomplished! and she was not the only one I turned to the dark side ;) 
***
For a while now I really wanted a red lipstick for a change - I noticed that the pictures from the civil wedding where I wore red lipstick actually looked nice so I thought I would try that again... Now I would not like something to use on a daily basis but I would like something I could use from time to time, for a change. At first I was thinking of Russian Red from MAC. I may/may not be searching for a 80's look... But then I thought why not INGLOT!? And I went there, checked all red lipsticks and #44 was the lucky number :) The first time I wore it - this Monday, to work - I was dressed up as usually in dark blue jeans and black boots and black blouse, with my fav LadyBug earrings and brooche and I figured out... why not now?! When I got to work people were looking odd(ish) at me, until a friend of my went like "Wow, Anda! You look nice! Are you wearing makeup?!" :))) I laughed my arse off and said it was just lipstick and she would not believe it... See what a world of a difference a red lipstick can do!? I say you should try that as well, once in a while ;)
 ***
Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo - Mary Pickford

**This review post was made out of love for INGLOT products that I have grown to cherish! I have not been payed to say/write this and all the opinions and stories from here are my own ;) ** 

Yours truly,
A LadyBug that is striving to be comfortable in her own skin :)