Image Map

Friday, 10 January 2014

Musical Friday: Sailing

Dear friends,

Guess whose birthday is today?! That's right: Rod Stewart's :) He was born on 10th January 1945 London, England - Second World War much? :) Rod Stewart is best known for his career in the music industry, in the late Sixties and Early Seventies with the pop groups "The Jeff Beck Group" and "Faces" prior to launching a solo career. His best success has been as a solo artist with multiple Numbers 1's both in the UK and around the world, some of his greatest hits are 1971 with "Maggie May", 1975 "Sailing", 1978 "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" and 1993 "All for Love" (with Bryan Adams and Sting). His passion for soccer and his beloved Celtic FC is well known but many do not realize or know he is a keen model railway enthusiast. He has dated some of the most beautiful women in the world including Britt Ekland and many many models over his life and is currently on his third marriage.

Sailing - Rod Stewart
 
Songwriters: SUTHERLAND, GAVIN MAURICE / OGAWA, TAKAKO
(gavin sutherland, 1972)

I am sailing, I am sailing,
Home again cross the sea.
I am sailing, stormy waters,
To be near you, to be free.

I am flying, I am flying,
Like a bird cross the sky.
I am flying, passing high clouds,
To be with you, to be free.

Can you hear me, can you hear me
Thro the dark night, far away,
I am dying, forever trying,
To be with you, who can say.
 Can you hear me, can you hear me,
Thro the dark night far away.
I am dying, forever trying,
To be with you, who can say.

We are sailing, we are sailing,
Home again cross the sea.
We are sailing stormy waters,
To be near you, to be free.

Oh lord, to be near you, to be free.
Oh lord, to be near you, to be free,
Oh lord.
 Hope you liked today's song. It is slow and soothing, perfect for a Friday afternoon ;)
 
Yours truly,
The LadyBug That Listened Rod Since She Was A Wee Lass ;)))