Image Map

Friday, 17 January 2014

Presents For The Ones We Love

Dear friends,

I dunno if any of you lads/lasses ever watched these cartoons in your childhood but both I and my awesome husband remember them. And children in Poland still watch them on Youtube. The cartoons were the "Moomin".
***
The Moomins (Swedish: Mumintroll, Finnish: Muumi) are the central characters in a series of books and a comic strip by Swedish-Finn illustrator and writer Tove Jansson, originally published in Swedish by Schildts in Finland. They are a family of white, roundish fairy tale characters with large snouts that make them resemble hippopotamuses. The carefree and adventurous family live in their house in Moominvalley, though in the past their temporary residences have included a lighthouse and a theatre. They have had many adventures along with their various friends.
In all, nine books were released in the series, with five picture books and a comic strip being released between 1945 and 1993. The Moomins have since been the basis for numerous television series, films and even a theme park called Moomin World in Naantali, Finland.
My husband has frequent business trips to Finland and each time he brings something new. As I was supposed to go home, to Romania, this week he had a quick trip the week before and he was there for a short run, for only 3 days, but when he came back he brought goodies. When he was in the Duty Free at the airport - God! How I love those places! - he bumped into this show that had jelly, tea and coffee with the moomin package. It was just too cute to resist so he bought the tea for his mom and coffee for mine. The tea was a black tea lavoured with wild strawberry flavour, enhanced with strawberry pieces and has a cute pack with a moomin running all over and the front displaying a moomin couple ;)) And for my mother he got coffee as mum is more of a coffee person than tea. Her pack had a moomin drinking a cup of hot coffee. I did not manage to go home and bring her this present and I never told her about it so... Surprise, mum! :*
And of course I had a gift as well ;)) My adorable other half told me that while he was walking in the Duty Free shops he hear someone calling after him and asking him to pick him up and take him back to Poland, to me. That someone was this adorable reindeer with the Finland colors: white and blue. Hey! Those are Greece colors as well :p what a coincidence!
Can't help it! I had to brag! I have the most thoughtful husband that you could ever find!

Yours truly,
The LadyBug that loves her other half :*