Image Map

Friday, 7 February 2014

Oh! The Miracles Of RMF FM!

Dear friends,

As an expat you try through multiple ways to connect to your new land. I found out that in Poland I can connect better via the Radio stations than via TV. You heard me ranting about dubbing and subtitles before ;) Well the Radio was always love at first hearing for me - plus there I can actually hear the original songs in any language, not dubbed :p The first radio that I fell in love with when I came to Poland was Radio RMF FM - the original. We still have the station saved so each time we open it it will always play the same :)
***
Last week, when I went to visit Liudka she wanted to put some music on. Usually she opens up Winamp and makes a playlist. This time though she said she will put the online radio. I always hear that RMF FM has different sub-stations on different niche clients. Well... she introduced me that day to Radio RMF Classic, which was a total revelation for me! Radio RMF Classic playes mainly music from the motion pictures - soundtracks - and also classical music - like Mozart, Strauss, Hendel and so on + arias and parts of the opera concerts. Love at first sight!
***
Now I would like to encourage you to give it a try and leave it in the background while you are working/cleaning/doing your thing. For example, now, as I am writing this post I am listening to this wonderful radio online that makes my ears blossom and then melt and reborn :) Right now I am listening to Johann Strauss and the Trisch-Trasch-Polka that they always play at the New Year Concert from Vienna :)
***
Here are the steps:
1) Open up any Internet browser and go to http://www.rmf.fm/
2) Click on the RMF Classic link or just go to http://www.rmfclassic.pl/
3) Click on the upper left side of the screen button - the one that says Posluchaj (which means "Listen" in Polish Language). After that a new screen will pop-up with the running playlist :)
I really hope you wil enjoy it and if you feel interested in discovering the other niches of RMF Radio you can scroll down the stations and have your pick. As a Queen fan, I recommend you the RMF Queen, where they play only Queen songs ;)

** I was not payed in any way to do this post. I just wanted to share the love and this awesome radio :) Hope you will give it a shot and let me know what you think and which one you like best ;) **

Yours truly, 
A LadyBug Expat that loves RMF FM Classic