Image Map

Tuesday, 25 February 2014

What Would You Visit In Koln?

Dear friends,

As you are reading this post we are on our way to wonderful Koln/Cologne - you can call it as you wish ;) For me this is a wonderful day as I was wishing for time off, for some traveling, in a very long while. But first thing first is why we are going there. For me that answer is simple: I am going there for my pea in the pod, for Dana, for Daniela my soul sister :* And if you do not remember her from this post, at least, you should feel ashamed!
 ***
I do have my mind set on some places I would like to visit in Koln but I am unsure if we will make it as - sincelery speaking - this time we did not bother to print a map even ;) 
1) Cologne Cathedral - This is my MUST SEE! :) Location: Domkloster 3, 50667 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany (Altstadt-Nord).
SOURCE
2) Chocolate Museum - Located above the city's famous chocolate factory, this museum includes a diverse collection of chocolate art creations and chocolate-wrapper artwork. Location: Am Schokoladenmuseum 1a, 50678 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
3) Hohenzollern Bridge - This bridge over the Rhine River can be crossed by foot or by train. Since 2008 padlocks have adorned a fence on the bridge, affixed by couples as a sign of love and commitment. Location: Kennedy-Ufer 2a, 50579 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.
4) German Sports & Olimpic Museum - This museum documents the history of the Olympic Games and the success of German Olympians. Location: Rheinauhafen 1, 50678 Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany.

I don't know how this trip will be but I am keeping my fingers crossed that all will be peachy and that we will get to Dana safe and sound, that we will have fun at the Carnival - as we shall be attending it and Dana has a new costume, especially for that ;) - and that we shall get home in time.  
 ***
Have you ever been to Koln/Cologne? And if so - what would you recommend? I found out that this site of Cologne Tourist Information is just precious! It gives you even a schedule in case you have just 1 day or 3 days to stay there, to see and experience as much as you possibly can :)

Your truly,
A Very Happy And Excited LadyBug :)