Image Map

Friday, 18 April 2014

For There Is No Friend Like A Sister

Dear friends,

Guess what?! Easter is near and I am home in Romania with my awesome family :) Yes, I know, I was evil and I did not let you know until now but most of you knew about it so no harm done. I left Krakow late afternoon Sunday (around 3 PM) and I managed to reach Iasi on Monday afternoon at around 4 PM - that was one long ride, my friends, and I had reached a total of almost 40 hours of being unslept when I entered the bed late that night. It was amazing to see my sister and my Granny and my parents again and of course I scared them again as they were expecting me late Tuesday ;))) I know, I am evil, but I like a good surprise! 
***
Next day I went off with my lovely sister to get some paperwork done - as I have a new name now all my paperwork needs to be changed and I needed to pull out a new birth certificate. You cannot do a new identity card if you have no birth certificate and the birth certificate was retained by Poland. Don't you just love bureaucracy?! But leaving all the paperwork aside - let us just say that it was Hell and certain people do know how to get on my nerves... - it was lovely being with my sister again, side by side. Even if we are different from each other, like sun and moon, I realized lately how much we are alike as well in the way we act and we move and we speak to the ones we love :) I guess as I am getting more mature - not to say older - we see things differently and we see also the things that unite us. I love going out with my sister, even just for a coffee. She is always much fun to be around and she is brilliant in giving retorts when poking each other intellectually :) Doh! She is a journalist! She is brilliant when it comes to words :)
What do you call a bunny with a large brain? 
An egghead. 
Let's take for example this picture above :) The whole Iasi city is artistically decorated with huge painted eggs, Easter bunnies and baskets of flowers and eggs like the one you see here. Fear not, I shall take the task upon myself to bring you more pictures from the city, you just need to give me some time ;) I must underline that I said artistically as an irony and I think that those bunnies look hideous! they look like they have huge thyroid issues and they have humongous bellies like they drank too much beer. Just look closer in the picture above and see the female rabbit with green dress - priceless!!! Guess what?! My sister agreed on that! They are indeed horrific! :) We both took pictures with our phones and quickly uploaded them on FB making fun.
“For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands”
 Christina Rossetti, Goblin Market and Other Poems
This here is one of the very first pictures I have taken in Iasi this time - early in the morning Tuesday. We went for coffee - I had an amazing hot choco with creme brulee syrup - and only moments later when I saw the picture on my sisters phone I realized that I still have tired eyes from the trip. My sister of course saved the day with her new Samsung Galaxy phone and edited my picture - you can see the before and after above ;))) What can I say? I love my sister and her creativity! :) Anyway, got to get going now... Easter is knocking at our door and we need to get ready for it! But worry not! I shall try to be back soon with more pictures and news ;) 

Yours truly,
A LadyBug that loves her Sister :*