Image Map

Friday, 25 April 2014

Musical Friday: Now We Are Free

Dear friends,

I do not know why but this song makes me think of Easter and makes me think of peacefulness. Makes me think of better times ahead and of the hope that people can be wise and kind and they have a heart that is true. The first time I heard this song I was in the beginning of High School and I instantly fell in love with it even though I did not understand the lyrics. When I watched the movie Gladiator - as it is part of its soundtrack - I could not help but weeping like a child - the story and the acting of Russell Crowe of course helped a lot! :) The original score and songs of the soundtrack of the movie were composed by Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard and were released in 2000, titled Gladiator: Music From the Motion Picture. The Lyndhurst Orchestra performing the score was conducted by Gavin Greenaway.
Even thoughmany people believe this song was sung by Enya that is not true. Lisa Gerrard is the one to thank for in this case. And the song is not in Hebrew as some may think, but in a made up language that Lisa used since she was a wee child. She made her own special languagewhen she was small in order to talk to God. I find that rather refreshing and brilliant! :) I sing in the language of the Heart,” begins Gerrard. “It’s an INVENTED LANGUAGE that I’ve had for a very long time. I believe I started singing in it when I was about 12. Roughly that time. And I believed that I was speaking to God when I sang in that language."

Now We Are Free - Lisa Gerard

Almighty Freedom
Almighty freer of the soul
Be free
Walk with me
Through the golden fields
So lovely
Lovely
We regret our sins, but...
We sew our own fate and
Under my face I remain feeble
Under my face, I smile
Aaahh)
Even alone/afraid
Under my face I will be waiting
Run with me now soldier of Rome
Run and play in the field with the ponies
Run with me now soldier of Rome
Run and play in the field with the ponies
Run with me now soldier of Rome
Run and play in the field with the ponies
Run with me now soldier of Rome
Run and play in the field with the ponies
Almighty Freedom
Almighty freeer of the soul
Be free
Be free
And imagine
Free with peace at last
It's lovely
It's lovely, this land
No one can believe or understand
How far I came just for my lovely family
I should have been there
with them when the world crashed down
But now they rest with me.
I'll never forget
How I felt that moment
I became free.

Yours truly,
A LadyBug In Love With This Song