Here we are, back with stories from our trip this February-March to my dear sweet friend Dana. Our 5th day in Germany was not in Koln but we spend the most of it in Bonn. It was the lovely 1st of March and we boarded late in the morning the fast train from Koln to Bonn (as we wanted to have a long nap and how sweet it was!). Now fear not! the trip takes no more than 20 minutes and Bonn is truly a lovely and sweet and quiet place that you fall in love with at first sight. My adorable husband already fell for it ;)
Bonn has an excellent bus, night bus, tram and subway system operated by the local Stadtwerke Bonn. There are ticket offices and vending machines at major stations, offering single tickets, multiple tickets and both 24-hour and weekly passes. The tickets are valid on local trains, Stadtbahn (underground), tram, buses and night buses. It is also a good city to explore by bike. Rental bikes are available at the train station from Deutsche Bahn at platform 1 or from the Radstation behind the train station.
Das Bonner Münster) is a Roman Catholic church in Bonn. It is one of Germany's oldest churches, having been built between the 11th and 13th centuries. At one point the church served as the cathedral for the Archbishopric of Cologne. However, the Minster is now a Papal basilica.
|Here I am, with my friend Beethoven :)|
|Sculptures depicting the heads of Saints Cassius & Florentius in front of the Bonn Minster.|
|Adorable husband with Haribo Sweets :)|
- What Would You Visit In Koln - thoughts upon what one could see in Koln, ideeas at the beginning of the journey
- Germany, Ich Liebe Dich - Koln/Cologne & Bonn through BB pictures + 2 dear pictures that my best friend Dana took :) - a short intro to our trip in Germany
- The Flight Travel Bug - or how I love to fly and I am glad my husband choose Lufthansa for our trip to Koln/Cologne
- Krakow-Cologne. How do I get there? - on how we managed to get from Poland to Germany: flight + ICE Train, and a little extra on the side: chinese food for dinner :)
- A Dark And Gloomy Cathedral - a very extensive post on the awesomeness of the Cologne/Koln Cathedral. I fell in love with her at the first sight!
- You Love Me. Real Or Not Real? - the wonderful Hohenzollern Bridge with its love locks, right next to the Koln Cathedral was a wonderful stop :)
- A Walk Along The Rhein - a short stroll from the Hohenzollern Bridge to the Chocolate Museum, close to the Severinsbrucke.
- 3D Golf - Now That's Something New! - a little bit of our 3D party + a short detour at Metzgerei & Salon Schmitz
- Sweet And Quiet Bonn - more about our travels in Germany and the wonderful little town called Bonn, where the yumyum Haribo gummy bears come from :)
A LadyBug That Loves Bonn