Image Map

Friday, 23 May 2014

Musical Friday: Don't Give Up (You Are Loved)

Dear friends,

Remember the amazing soul pouring voice of Josh singing Little Drummer Boy? I shared that song with you before Christmas. That piece always brings me in a good mood and makes me sing along. Well this day I am going to present you one of the first pieces I have heard him play: "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)" is also one of my favourite songs all time. It lifts you up from whatever bad mood you are in and puts a smile upon your face. The greatest blessing was seeing him play it live in 2007 - in Atlantic City, USA, inside the great BoardWalk Hall. Even now I remember how excited I was when I hold out the ticket in my hand :) I remember also feeling proud that I would get to see him in his Awake tour and maybe get his autograph - which I did but I was very silly and did not take a picture of us together :( 
***
This song is uplifting! It is a song that gives you courage if you are going through rough times. It reminds one that you should never give up, as someone out there loves you :) It is inspiring and brings light in ones life when paying attention to the lyrics. Anyway I would love to hear from you what you think of this song and if ever you listened to Josh - he is not extremely well known as any other singers but his voice is just unique :)
"You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)" is the second track and the first single, from Josh Groban's third album, Awake, released on November 7, 2006. The song's music and lyrics were written by Tawgs Salter. The single peaked at #9 on the Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks chart.
Don't Give Up (You Are Loved) - Josh Groban

Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
When your heart's heavy
I...I will lift it for you

Don't give up
Because you want to be heard
If silence keeps you
I...I will break it for you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

Don't give up
It's just the hurt that you hide
When you're lost inside
I...I will be there to find you

Don't give up
Because you want to burn bright
If darkness blinds you
I...I will shine to guide you

Everybody wants to be understood
Well I can hear you
Everybody wants to be loved
Don't give up
Because you are loved

You are loved
Don't give up
It's just the weight of the world
Don't give up
Every one needs to be heard
You are loved
 
Yours truly,
A Huge Josh Groban Fan - The LadyBug