Image Map

Thursday, 12 June 2014

A Colorful Day Out

Dear friends,

I bet you had once one of those perfectly quiet and still and relaxed moments you rarely get in life. Well one of those moments for me was last Saturday, when I had a wonderful short trip with my adorable husband to the Wawel Castle. That place - along with the Main Square - always manages to give me a lot of positive energy! And truly it was about time I got to see it again :)
We had amazing clear blue sky and delightful weather. In the courtyard all the flowers were in bloom. Especially the roses that filled the air with a sweet and sticky smell. They were not the regular roses, but the kind from which you can do sweet jam/marmelade. In Poland is quite popular even to do donuts filled with the roses petals in sugar. And truly they are yum yummy!
Would you look at these beauties :)
 “For millions of years flowers have been producing thorns. For millions of years sheep have been eating them all the same. And it's not serious, trying to understand why flowers go to such trouble to produce thorns that are good for nothing? It's not important, the war between the sheep and the flowers? It's no more serious and more important than the numbers that fat red gentleman is adding up? Suppose I happen to know a unique flower, one that exists nowhere in the world except on my planet, one that a little sheep can wipe out in a single bite one morning, just like that, without even realizing what he'd doing - that isn't important? If someone loves a flower of which just one example exists among all the millions and millions of stars, that's enough to make him happy when he looks at the stars. He tells himself 'My flower's up there somewhere...' But if the sheep eats the flower, then for him it's as if, suddenly, all the stars went out. And that isn't important?”
                                            Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
 “People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose.”
                                             Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
 “She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her...”
                                              Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
Oh! Look! A Tree upside down :)
I have always loved the reflexions cast in puddles, windows, sunglasses/eye-glasses or any other surface that would allow me to enjoy life around me through a natural filter :)
And don't let me mention the small things like a bunchload of small mushrooms that seem to attack one of the trees in the park VS. the small streetart stickers that come in various shapes and sizes and can be found anywhere. Oh, there are so many things we should be thankful for and/or should make us smile! My last Saturday was hot, very hot but also extremely lovely as I spent it with the one I love, in a city I grew to love :)  How about you? How was your weekend? What are you preparing for the one that is coming closer and closer? 

Yours truly,
A Thankful LadyBug