Image Map

Tuesday, 10 June 2014

No Bake CheeseCake - DIY 1st Try - SemiFail

Dear friends,

I know it has been a while since I have done this so I thought I would give it a try, so here is the first DIY of the year: The No Bake Cheesecake. Now I have to tell you since the very beginning that this is NOT how it is supposed to look like and that this was my first try to do it like this, hence the semifail. The second time the layers did not mix between themselves but unfortunately I have no picture of it as we were to fast in eating it... (blushing)
As it is summer - or kinda summer, for the weather is quite unserious lately... - and we have a really bad-working oven, we did a no bake cake. Now you know how much I love cheesecakes so when I saw the powder mix in the shop I thought I might give it a shot! I had lot of help from my very awesome husband in this task and we got it finished in no time ;) 
Now here is what you would need for the task:
  • 600 ml of milk (we had normal, not yoghurt! and it was 3.2% fat)
  • special powder for the cheesecake filling (but I heard one friend of mine doing this with dry cheese instead)
  • crackers (like the ones you are having champagne with, you can see them in the pictures below as they will be the first layer, the one that will hold everything)
  • traditional homemade fruit alcohol / fruit juice from the cans of fruit cocktails
  • jelly - it would be nice if it would be fruity flavoured
What you need to do is take the form in which the cakes usually are made, make the main layer out of crackers and fill in the gaps between them with smashed crackers until you have an even layer. After that pur gently (but don't overdo it!) the fruit alcohol / fruit juice so you would make the crackers a bit softer, but don't let them dissintegrate! In the meanwhile mix the milk with the powder or the dry cheese until they became one and make the next layer out of that. When done place the 2 layers in the fridge for 30 minutes and in the meanwhile prepare the jelly.
Now here is what we did wrong the first time: we put the jelly too fast over the other layers. You should at first let the jelly cool down before you place it over the other layers. If not, you will get something similar to the above pictures, where the jelly entered the other 2 layers and turned everything green. Not when you eat it it is the same taste and same feeling but it is not estetically pleasing, especially if you would like to serve it to someone :p It should be 3 distinctive layers: jelly, cheese filling, crackers! So let them cool down and after that put it one on top of the other and put it to rest in the fridge. It is better to let it rest over night ;) You can decorate it with fruits or add fruits in the cheese filling or the jelly. You choose ;) If you do this, let me know how it went ;)

Yours truly,
A LadyBug That Liked The CheeseCake Very Much :)