Image Map

Sunday, 22 June 2014

Remembering: How I Celebrated 1 Year With Our Blog

Dear friends,

If you remember last weeks Saturday post, I was telling you how this very blog turned 1 year old. Now that was quite a challenge for me, I must admit: writing a blog post daily - maybe even twice a day from time to time... Yet I managed to do it and I am proud to say so! I want to thank everyone for sticking along with me in this ride and I surely hope you will stay with me from now on as well :) I may change the style a bit and not write daily, at least for a while as work seems to take a bit more of my time now as everything is very new and I want to do my best :) 
I would like to thank each and every reader of this blog: starting with my amazing and very supportive husband, to my adorable sister who is a much better word-handler than I am, to my inspirational Granny who always said that I am capable of great things, to my creating and loving mother who told me I have so much strenght and determination I could move mountains and go through brick walls if I would have to :) thanks Mum :* to each and everyone who reads this blog and cares and finds that what I say is interesting and worthwhile. Thank you everybody! :) 
Now we didn't go all fancy for the 1 year old anniversary as we agreed that we would pop-out the champagne and celebrate out when we will reach 100.000 pageviews - and not to worry, that will probably be by the end of this year, as right now we have over 73.300 pageviews ;) But last Saturday we celebrated between the 2 of us by drinking some Martini Asti 1863, while watching some M.A.S.H. and creating some more origami cranes for our collection ;)
 In case you did not know, we are planning on doing about 2000 cranes and we already have about 1800 ;) An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane. Some stories believe you are granted eternal good luck, instead of just one wish, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. So as we both worked on them we figured out we should do 1000 for the both of us, as we are one, but in time we liked it so much so we thought we may double the number :) Now how about you, lads and lasses, when your blog turned 1 how did you celebrate?

Yours truly,
The Happy LadyBug :) with over 1800 paper cranes :)