Image Map

Wednesday, 9 July 2014

DIY: Beans & Meat Dish

Dear friends,

I haven't been doing this in quite a while so have patience with me. I don't usually cook and when I do, it usually takes time and patience and I double check things. I have this horrid idea that if I would go away from the stove I would find the whole house on fire. That is why I preffer salads :)  and that is why it makes me extremely happy when my awesome husband cooks. In case I did not tell you this until now, he is an amazing cook ;) but hey! that runs in his family, considering that his big brother is a chef :) Last week though, and part of this one, he was away on business trip so I had to ocasionally light a match and do some cooking.
On Saturday I was in a terribly good mood so I thought I would go wild and try to do a dish I never did before: white long fresh beans with chicken breast :) Sounded easy enough when I tried to remember what my mum and granny used to do, but hey! they had experience so keep that in mind! So I went out and bought fresh beans and fresh chicken breast and then I headed home and mixed it all up. Below you can read how I did that and what you need for the reciepe in case you want to give it a go :)
 Ingredients for about 3 portions :)
  • 1 big chicken breast without bones
  • 500 grams of fresh yellow beans (like the ones in the first picture above)
  • 1 big garlic head
  • salt & pepper
  • oil (the regular one, not the olive oil) & water (still, not sparkling)
  • other condiments according to your taste :)
How to do it:
  • Take a big pot and put oil in it so it would cover the bottom,
  • Cut the garlic in small pieces and let them go in onion - fry them
  • Add the meat (the chicken breast that was washed, cleaned and cut) and stir it in the pot with a wooden spoon until it gets cooked on the outside
  • Add the beans (cleaned, washed and with the ends cut off) and stir them also. You may have to add a bit more oil.
  • After 2-3 minutes of stirring, add water so it would cover the beans and meat and put a cover to the pot and let them simmer down under a small fire. According to the beans and how soft you want them to be in the end, it can take up to 2 hours. 
  • Add the spices according to taste, stir and them let them simmer down 10 more minutes. Taste if all is good, and if everything is soft and delicious than that means all is good :)
If you try it out let me know how it went and if you liked it. I think I shall try doing it again, it is not as hard as it would seem. You just need to guard the fire and make sure you don't burn anything. Just in case, make sure you have 112 /  911 on speed dial ;)

Hugs and kisses,
From The LadyBug :)