Image Map

Thursday, 31 July 2014

Have You Ever Had A NDE?

Dear friends,

I don't know about you but I had a close one more than 3 years ago. Do you know what a NDE is? Maybe it would be easier if I first explain the experience and than I will tell you what happened to me. A near-death experience (NDE) refers to personal experiences associated with impending death, encompassing multiple possible sensations including detachment from the body, feelings of levitation, total serenity, security, warmth, the experience of absolute dissolution, and the presence of a light. These phenomena are usually reported after an individual has been pronounced clinically dead or has been very close to death. With recent developments in cardiac resuscitation techniques, the number of reported NDEs has increased. The experiences have been hypothesized in medical journals as having the characteristics of hallucinations, while parapsychologists and a number of scientists have pointed to them as evidence of an afterlife and mind-body dualism. Religious believers tend to be divided on and uncertain about their interpretation of NDEs, given that while they verify some aspects of the faiths, they also explicitly falsify other aspects. According to the 2013 PLOS ONE article by Thonnard et al., "near-death experiences cannot be considered as imagined event memories. On the contrary, their physiological origins could lead them to be really perceived although not lived in the reality."
The Spa Place In The Polish Mountains
I am unsure if my story would truly fit in the NDE category but I thought I might as well share it with you.  Looking back at it, it makes me smile and think how insane I was to not wear a belt in the car during off road session... More than 3 years ago, when I was still with Capgemini Romania, both me and a dear friend of mine got invited to the Capgemini Oscars due to our hardwork in the previous year - we both were top performers for both Polish and Romanian team. As a gift, we were invited along with our Team Leader to the celebration in Krakow. It was my first time on Polish land and I promised myself I would come back and see more. We were granted a weekend off with SPA and trip to the Polish mountains included. I loved every moment of it! :) We were also offered to take an off road trip in the mountains - which was totally cool with me!
I remember being 4 people + 1 driver in the car. I never was bothered to put a car safety belt ever except when I was in front, next to the driver. This time I was in the back, in the middle. The weather was after rain, a bit foggy and the road a bit muddy - as you can very well see in the picture above.  The drivers took us off road for about an hour and asked us if they wanted to give it a go - no please! I loved every moment, with planes of over 45 degrees inclination, with valleys on both sides - where each move of the car could bring you down in a split second! But guess what happened? The track was so muddy at a certain point that the car just went haywire so the went off track and smashed into a tree. To this very day I thank God for the skills of the driver (that managed not to panic and move us in the direction of the tree) and for the tree being there (else we would fall down hundred of meters..). I remember falling so much in front that I almost touched the board of the car. Would you consider that as a NDE? I dunno about you but I can tell you I was scared to death! And to tell you the truth, I would do off road again :) How about you? Have you ever had an NDE? Did you ever went off road?

Yours truly,
A Crazy LadyBug