Image Map

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Coffee Eleven 2 Go, Please!

My dearest friends,

Everyone praises coffee and everyone had some, at least to try it out. Louisa May Alcott, in my beloved book Little Women, even said “I'd rather take coffee than compliments just now.” Now I would contradict that and replace coffee with good hot choco. I know coffee might be good for you from time to time, but I know so many people who abuse of it... Some people love coffee and treat it like their best friend, like their way to pull through the day. I admit it, this lovely drink smells delightful but I don't like drinking it. Smelling the beans, on the other hand, is always tempting :) 
Did you know that #coffeebeans are used also in perfume shops? They come in handy as after 2-3 perfumes you cannot distinguish between one scent and the other. That is why the stores that sell perfumes should always have small boxes with coffee beans, for the customers. Once you sniff it once, your nasal will clear up and you will be able to test some more ;) Trust me, it is tested and everyone who loves perfumes knows this ;)
Coffee is also a way to de-stress yourself. Researchers at the Seoul National University examined the brains of rats who were stressed with sleep deprivation and discovered that those who were exposed to coffee aromas experienced changes in brain proteins tied to that stress. And tell you the truth, as I said, I would rather smell a good coffee than drink it :) but there are people who enjoy both sides ;)
Now in the first week of November I had a dear friend visiting us for a week. We had long walks, I showed her around town, I introduced her to a couple of tours from #FreeWalkingTourKrakow - you may have heard me mentioning them before, when I was telling you about the StreetArt tour - and also we have been out is some traditional places. We also discovered together a #newplace in town: Coffee Eleven, on the lovely Grodzka 11 street.
Now you will not find them on the internet yet, except on their Facebook page which was opened on the 25th October - at the same time with the grand opening, here in Krakow. At this moment the FB fan page is not yet developed but I believe this place has a lot of potential! It is regulary open between 7 am and 7 pm, Monday to Sunday. You can have the drink there or you can take away. You can also pay in cash or you can pay with card - Visa / American Express / Mastercard are all accepted ;)
The prices are good and the location is central, right next to the Main Market Square, on Grodzka 11. It is on the main road to the Wawel Castle and all people going there pass by it. You may miss it though, as the entrance is small, so pay good attention ;)  It is a lovely place with 15th century cellar where you can sit and chillax while having a great hot choco and a mouth-watering muffin. 
***
We choose to take the coffee + biscuit (for my friend) & hot choco + blueberry muffin to go as we had to catch a #FreeWalkingTour Krakow of #KrakowMacabre - we made it and the hot choco warmed my bones excellently during the walk, as there was fog and small rain. I recommend it with all my heart and I plan to take my awesome other half there, so he could test it as well :)

* Americano Coffee - 7 zloty
* Cappuccino - 8 zloty
* Hot choco (creamy and dense, just as I like it!) - 8 zloty
* Sandwiches - 7 zloty
* Cookies small/big - 3/4 zloty

** This post was made out of love for hot choco and muffins. I was not repayed in any way and all the opinions are my very own, straight from the heart! **

Yours truly,
A LadyBug Who Loves To Discover New Places