Image Map

Monday, 25 May 2015

A Typical Breakfast In Krakow - Bufet Kuckcik

Good morning dear hearts!

Did you know that the average person sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28 am at the weekend? A worrying quarter (25%) of people are skipping breakfast once or more during the week, with more than one in ten (13%) never eating it. Of women who skip breakfast, 29 per cent miss it because they are too busy getting ready; 14 per cent of female breakfast skippers say they don’t eat in the morning because they are trying to lose or watch their weight.Women are more likely to prioritise their hair and choosing clothes for the day than eating breakfast. (source)
The average person sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28 am at the weekend - See more at: http://www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/content/fun-breakfast-facts#sthash.C7NsRmsh.dpuf
The average person sits down to breakfast at 7.31am during the week and 8.28 am at the weekend - See more at: http://www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/content/fun-breakfast-facts#sthash.C7NsRmsh.dpuf
I have always enjoyed breakfast, ever since I was a wee lass... When my Mum and Granny introduced eggs in our diet they knew for sure that at least one day a week I would not be crying about what I eat. I have always loved the taste of eggs, be it raw - boiled - fried. My early childhood memories at the breakfast table (or breakfast in bed) are related to fried eggs (always 2 of them!) or scrambled eggs (my sister loved them dry as they could get and I loved them all mushy... if possible with fresh onion green leaves).
In time I learned how to make them myself, even thought still now I am afraid of burning things in the kitchen... My Granny is a master when it comes to cooking and baking and my sister is following her footsteps but I have only a few recipes that I manage to do without fail - mostly involving eggs... I can cook for you eggs for a whole week, each day doing something different! but that would not be very healthy for ones liver...
One day, when I was in the city and I did not have breakfast in the morning and did not eat/drink a thing, I wondered into the Maly Rynek (Small Square). In Stare Miasto (Old Town), on the Sienna 7 street, there is a place you might pass by easily - Bufet Kuckcik. This place has no Internet Page, no Facebook Page, nothing that would set it apart from the other places that surround it. Bufet Kuckcik is not a pub, but rather a mini-resturant for the hungry travellers. Why I say hungry travellers? Why, as far as I could see, they took into consideration the foreign people living in Krakow & tourists alike. The signs and menu's are in Polish - English ;) and I consider that as a big plus!
The place is quite decent and the music comes from the radio, so it is not very fancy. The tables and chairs are wooden made and covered all in white-blue table cloth. Each table has alreayd setup on it salt & pepper & sugar, napkins and serving tools (spoons, forks, knives). The inside has a very rustic feeling about it and you feel very welcomed there. There is also place outside, under the big umbrellas, to sit and look at the bystanders or at the ocasional fairs in the Small Square. The ladies serving are nice and prompt in serving you. The menu is in Polish & English so you can tell what you are ordering and they kept it quite short - I always love short menu's that show that the chef of the place actually knows how to do the dish properly.
I had the scrambled eggs with bacon - price in May 2015 was 15 zloty + another 5 zloty for the hot tea. The scrambled eggs were served with bread and butter and the hot tea with lemon. The eggs were warm and fresh and delicious and the butter with the fresh bread worked like a charm. I like to have my bread and butter with a little salt :) Bufet Kuckcik is open from Monday to Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday and Sunday from 9:00 to 19:00. If you are just in a mood for a beer & a lemonade you can do that as well - 8 zloty per 0.5 l beer ;) 

** This post was made out of love for scrambled eggs. I was not repayed in any way and all the opinions are my very own, straight from the heart! ** 
 
DISCLAIMER - All pictures were taken with the camera from my Samsung Galaxy S4, no filter and no modification - Copyrights reserved :) 
 
Yours truly,
The Twisted Red LadyBug That Always Loved Scrambled Eggs