“I don't want to be married just to be married.
I can't think of anything lonelier than spending the rest of my life with someone I can't talk to, or worse, someone I can't be silent with.” Mary Ann Shaffer
Today we - me and my awesome best friend and husband - celebrate 2 years since our Church Ceremony and Wedding Party in Poland. We need to keep tabs on the dates and the weddings, as we did get married 3 times and had 3 separate parties in 3 different locations, but why shouldn't someone enjoy a lovely day more than once :) getting married used to be a 3 days and 3 nights party and we just split it up during 3 years - sounds reasonable! ;) Last year we celebrated our 1 year anniversary from the Church Ceremony my cutting off an item from our Bucket List: tandem parachute jumping! This year we celebrate our 2nd year anniversary... in 3! No time or place to do anything crazy or have a late honeymoon: our family is enlarging this month!
|The Family Album Picture by Mateusz Wojnar|
We will have the biggest blessing of them all: a LadyBug Baby that will be 50% me + 50% Marek and 100% ours truly. It's a huge responsibility, we know that; it's a blessing, we are aware of that! Yet sometimes it gets tough, especially with things nobody tells you about being a pregnant or having a baby. Being a family, the 2 of us, we always planned for children but you never know how you will react to them until they happen. You never know how to behave even after "Birth School" or reading dozen of books on parenting - everyone will come with extra opinions on how it's best to raise your kid... I say: screw that! (Pardon my french...). Today, with the ocasion of our 2nd Church Ceremony I want to share with you one single advice that guides us: Do The Things That Make Your Heart & Soul Happy!
|The Three Of Us - by Bellove Moments|
If I could sum thing up I would say to the newlyweds and the coupled that are in love and at the beginning, the following: don't listen to others! Listen to your heart - it knows best! Gather memories together, have fun together and share everything! Share your joys and share your sorrows. Share! Don't listen to the world, carve your own path in life and find your own piece of Heaven. Each mistake, each regret, let it guide you and make you better. Always say that you are sorry and mean it from your heart each time you will say it! Listen to one another and try to place yourself in the other person's shoes. A marriage, a couple, a family is not about letting go 50% of each, it's about being 100% yourself but changing things in yourself in order to fit in perfectly together. It is true, in time you change - I am no longer the girl I was 2 years ago - but you learn more about yourself and you become a stronger version of yourself, matching the one you love.
For more articles about/around our wedding, choose from the list below and enjoy :)A) Engagement / Fiance / Marriage Whirlwinds:
- The Pre-Proposal, or... Get Me a Ring And You Will See My Answer :p
- 1 more year to go until THE Wedding :)
- Some of my thoughts regarding Marriage...
- Thoughts about being a free woman - come and go as you please?!
- My last night as a miss - a kinda bachelorette party :)
- The Civil Wedding is ON!
- ETA: 3 Months - No Rush - a quick post about what we manage to do 3 months before the church wedding and the party. Just so you know, I had no wedding dress by that time ;)
- My fiancee's tattoo and a tattoo I helped design - the post is HERE
- The Search For The Perfect Green Wedding Shoes is done :)
- We Were Born To Jump - How did I end up in Poland and stayed.
- Don't We All Like Paperwork?! - how hard can it be to get a Romanian girl married to a Polish lad?! Well it appears a lot of paperwork/bureaucracy is involved...
- Yin & Yang - and how things can be both positive and negative at once
- How To Do A Pre-Proposal - or how an airport can be the perfect place to reflect on ones life
- Pinocchio & The LadyBug - guess who's who ;))
- White Roses From A White Heart - roses on my wedding day from my friend all the way up from Canada, a sweet surprise :)
- Keep Them Crossed Tight - and how a Polish wedding is not recognized by Romania, although we all are in the European Union...
- A Traditional Polish Wedding - the title says it all but I ain't gonna have one of those ;)
The Twisted Red LadyBug that loves her small LadyBug family