Image Map

Wednesday, 12 October 2016

And the Liebster Award Goes To…

Dearest hearts,

I love the kind of TAG! YOU'RE IT! games and I surely love my lovely fellow bloggers from the community. I love the social media and especially good old Facebook that never lets one down. Ever since I created the Facebook Page for the blog and started engaging with bloggers around the world on the speciality groups created, I have met a lot of lovely and active and engaging people. Some live rather surreal lifes, some are fascinating, some are fun and sometimes some are just boring - nevertheless I have to hand it to them: they stay true to their dreams and like to share what they think about life. My favourite are the travel bloggers, the lifestyle bloggers and especially the ones like myself: the expat bloggers :) I love also the blogging badges that one gets from time to time and I have received this badge before, but it's always nice to get recognition from your fellow peers ;) Liebster Award is becoming popular in the blogging community as a way to introduce, support and promote smaller (under 200 followers) blogs by fellow bloggers. It’s a great way to be discovered and connect with other bloggers you may not have heard of before.
I got nominated by 2 fellow bloggers:
1) Lana from The Stylish Voyager - we have collaborated a while ago when Lana did a guest post about "London - 5 Things To Do According To A Local" on my blog and I did one on hers about "Krakow - 5 Things To See From A Locals Perspective"
2) Ameeta, an Indian expat in London, that writes at Aye Wanderful blog - she loves to explore London so you really should head out and read some of her posts ;)

The rules of the award are fun and easy:
  • Someone nominates you for the Liebster Award and you chose to accept it or not
  • If you accept it, write a post about it including:
    • Thanking and writing a bit about the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
    • Posting Liebster Award badge on your site (Hooray!)
    • Answering questions the person who nominated you has asked
  • Chose other 5-10 award-worthy bloggers, with less than 200 followers, you want to nominate
  • Pick 10 questions for them to answer (can be about their blog or about themselves)
  • Let them know you have nominated them for the Liebster Award and ask to answer the questions
So without any further ado, let me cut in the 10 questions from Lana:
  1. Tell about yourself/your blog
  2. What is your most favorite destination (why)?
  3. When did you start blogging and how did you choose the topic/focus of your blog?
  4. Give one top tip to other bloggers or someone who is considering blogging?
  5. What is the best and most rewarding part about blogging?
  6. What is the least rewarding part about blogging?
  7. Are there any tips you would share with fellow bloggers on growing your exposure/presence?
  8. What post on your blog you are particularly proud of (why)?
  9. What is your favorite social media platform (why)?
  10. Who are your favorite bloggers (why)? 

1. Well, you know my story by now - having probably read all about it in the Who Is The LadyBug? section of the blog. But let's make it shorter: I am a Romanian expat, living in Krakow - Poland - since 2011. Married to a proud Polish lad that loves his homeland's history. Mother of a small LadyBug Baby Girl - Princess. In love with photography, history and dearly wanting to travel the whole world. I blog mainly about Poland, places one could visit (especially in Krakow), locations one could dine and ocasionally I blog about life and thoughts that come into my head :) 

2. My favourite destination is HOME :) And guess what? I always said that HOME is where your heart is, and if your heart is in amillion places, spread around with the people that you love, than your HOME is the entire world. It's true I have my favourites: Krakow and Iasi (where I was born), so if you ever wanna visit these magical cities let me know. I can tell you tips and tricks ;) 
3. The Twisted Red LadyBug blog was started on 14th of June 2013. It was not my first blog but this one stayed with me - with this piece, with this page, it feels like I am leaving a piece of myself for the world to see. I felt the need, living in a new country, to share my thoughts and feelings freely and at that time I started not agreeing with the public policies of Facebook. The blog was a way to share the photos I made and I was proud of, without handing out the license for them to a brand/corporation. I figured out that it was a way to share my life to those who cared and not flood Facebook with constant updates. The topic came freely: my life in Krakow, my life in Poland.

4. If there is one tip I would like to share is the fact that life is short and you should try to stay as true to yourself as you can. That, and don't sell yourself short! You are important and someone up there loves you and believes in you. If you truly feel you need to blog and share to the world your opinions, your photos, your... whatever you wish to share... DO IT! Don't go into it half way. Invest time and make yourself - make your heart - happy!
The Gorgeous Wawel Cathedral
5. The best and most rewarding part about blogging is having someone tell you how much they liked your article or your picture or the problem you raised. Sometimes it's about the prizes you win or the awards you are granted, sometimes it's about the blogging conferences you go to or the fellow bloggers you meet. Sometimes it's all the above wrapped in one :) But for me the best part about blogging is the possibility to share!

6. The least rewarding part about blogging is the time - blogging takes time and patience and care. You can have a post a day or a post per week... but what you need to do is to stay true to yourself but also relevant and not redundant to the people who read you. You need to be interesting and engaging to your target audience and this takes time - time to do pictures, type things down, spell check it, edit it, research... and so the list can go on!

7. One tip to grow: join the blogging communities on Facebook! - people there are warm and kind and willing to give a helping hand once in a while ;) 
8. The blog post that I am the most proud of are actually 2 posts ;))) I'm sorry I just can't pick one! I love them both for separate reasons. I love "Best Breakfast Places In Old Town Krakow" as it brought to me almost 2000 views and it allowed me to touch a subject I love: breakfast, combined with a bit of know-how of the magical Old Town Krakow. It also allowed me to share 7 places that I truly enjoy to visit and revisit - places that I have taken my family and friends to, places I can vouch for! The second blog post I love is "Thoughts Upon World Youth Day Krakow" - the post I wrote while I was pregnant with my little #ladybugbaby. It is also the post that brought me a New Record: 2068 views per day for #twistedredladybug Record reached on the 30st of July 2016.

9. My absolute social media platform that I have grown to love just recently is Instagram, followed closely by evil old Facebook. I have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. It's an evil I just can't do without - it allows me to connect with my family all over the world and with my dear friends, it allows me to find the news I want and see what others have been up to. In terms of blogging I found out similar blogs to mine and I have connected with lovely people over the Blogging groups. It has a lot of pluses but it also takes a whole load of ones time! Instagram is a friendly version... that fulfills my love for photography :) so... it's a tie!
10. My favourite bloggers... Oh, that;s a tough one :) I follow many lovely travel and lifestyle bloggers but I must admit that the last year or so I have developed quite a crush on the style of writing - open and very strong! - of an American lady living in Poland. An expat like myself :) Her blog - Kielbasa Stories - is refreshing and makes me laugh/smile/cry. Each post is written from the heart and you can truly feel how she opens up to the world. Way to go Chris!!! :*

My Questions:
1. If you would choose to be a book, what book would you be?
2. If you would choose a specific period in time to live in, which period would that be and whom would you like to be?
3. If you find out that all your previous posts have been deleted, how owuld you react?
4. What is the place you can call HOME?
5. If something goes wrong with the programs on your PC or just with your PC while working on your post, would you call a Help Desk or would you try to fix it?
6. What is the best vacation you ever had?
7. What is your fav travelling spot and what would you recommend visiting/doing there?
8. Take the closest thing to your right hand and tell us its story :)
9. Surprise us with a true confession about yourself :) 
10. How do you like my blog and what would you change in it? What atracted you to it? I appreciate the honest and true answer, no matter how bad it will be ;)

***
Nominees:
1-10... Oh, I am bad at this as I am following a lot of lovely lasses that have more than 200 followers :( So... everyone who is reading me and has under 200 people haunting them, please feel free and more than welcome to join in the game and let me know if you did it so I can say Congrats! and give you a virtual hug but warm hug :)

Yours very sincerly,
The Twisted Red LadyBug That Loves The Bloggers Community