In case you did not notice until now, I am a huge fan of the amazing stories of "a galaxy far far away" aka Star Wars. I can't tell you the exact date I watched Star Wars for the first time but I remember it was in my homeland, in my hometown, Iasi; in a cinema that unfortunately has closed down, located on the Copou Hill. It was "A New Hope" and I was just a wee lass... maybe in the 4th grade or even smaller. It was amazing to see such greatness on the big screen. I was watching Star Trek with my sister every weekend on the TV, and she remained up to this day a Trekkie fan, but for me the adventures of the Skywalker family were much more interesting and maybe more understandable. Not to mention that Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford were (and still are, don't get me wrong!) quite dashing human beings! Needless to say that one would instantaneously develop long lasting crushes on them ;) To be fair, they were/are amazingly talented actors. But... besides the amazing cast, the wonderful story, along time I thought how Star Wars fans are so special.
- True Friendship is real, can move mountains and withstands time - take for example Luke, Leia and Han Solo. When you look at them separately they are such different individuals, yet when life throws them together they click! They become, along the way of their adventures, best friends and they are willing to sacrifice/risk their life to make sure the other is alright. Just think of how Han rushed away on that snow blizzard after Luke!
- It's never too late to say you're sorry/to redeem yourself - take advice from Anakin Skywalker/Lord Vader, who finally brings balance to the Force by killing the Emperor. It's true, he does not get to enjoy his "rebirth" for long in flesh... but he does come back as a Force ghost ;) it's true that when you confess your sins and you come back into the Light all your sins would be washed out (including the killing sprees - younglings as well!).
- Face your fears, else they will haunt you forever - it is true, the things you are afraid of always find a way to come back to you and drive you nuts... Anakin Skywalker succumbed to his fears and look where it brought him! Instead of verbalising his fears and telling his dreams to the ones he should have trusted (like Obi Wan) he joins the Dark Side :(
- Having debts is a no no! Just take a look at Han Solo and Jabba the Hutt... would you like to be owned by someone? Would you like to hang on someone's wall, frozen in carbonite? Didn't think so ;) so you better keep track on your accounts and make sure you have all your payments up to date!
- Hope is a must in everyone's life! If all fails you can always have hope. In my country there is even a saying: "Hope always dies last!" - I like that! Don't forget that "Rebellions are built on Hope!" :) when everything else fails, when the world seems dark and gloomy... that's when the ray of Hope comes in!
- Pausing from time to time is good for you - remember "The Phantom Menace" when Qui Gon was fighting Darth Maul and the energy doors were closing Qui Gon and Obi Wan from Darth Maul? What did they do? Did they pace up and down like a tiger in a cage? No! They rested, composed themselves, gathered their energies in order to face Darth Maul. How about Chirrut when he was facing the troopers on Jedha? I think you get my drift ;)
- Minimalistic way of living is the way to go! Just take a look at Yoda's hut... or Obi Wants home. There are no unnecessary adornments or luxuries, just what they truly need in order to live/survive. There is no need to have clutter in your life and having one type of clothing is very common amongst the great minds, even in real life - just have a look at Steve Jobs ;)
- The odds are just odds - they can/will be wrong! Don't listen to people who tell you the odds... C3PO and K2SO were brilliant in pissing everyone off by telling them the odds but guess what? There was not one time when things went terribly-"cannot be fixed"-haywire! Things always sound more frightening than what they truly are ;) so be brave and face your fears!
- Being a Princess does not mean you can't be tough and strong and smart and kick arse ;) this one goes to the dearly departed beautiful human being that was Carrie Fisher #carrieon :( I was just a wee lass when I saw her first. I was amazing of how strong and wonderful a female figure could be I'm the world of men! She and Mon Mothma were the only ladies around in the galaxy, in the original trilogy. I am glad we got to see recently more and more #girlpower in the Star Wars movies :)
- Death is only the beginning, my friend!... Oh, I love how the story of the Jedi's and the Dark Side has deep roots in how Christianity works. The ideas in the movie are more or less the same ;) just think about it! So having Force ghosts is a wonderful thing that probably the new movies will explore. But until then... please note down that Death is only a pathway;)
Yours very much sincerly,
The Twisted Red LadyBug That Loves Star Wars Ever Since She Was A Wee Lass