Image Map

Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Things I Am Thankful For - March 2017

Dearest hearts,

I don't know about you, but spring always brings a smile upon my face. Seeing nature come back to life again brings joy, makes one think of the positive little things in our life. I'm going to continue my quest, my challenge this year, of being thankful for at least 5 Things / Moments / Memories each month. Feel free to join in - it's an exercise that will help you see the "bright side of life", it will help you see that good things still happen and that life is worth living every moment. Here's my take until now for the month of January and February. For March I am thankful for many things, but here are 5 picks:
One of my favourite pictures from our Polish-Romanian photoshoot
1) My Amazing Husband - I could not have asked for a better partner in life, more knowledgeable, more loving and caring, more perfect than Marek. I don't say this as often as I should, but I love my better half immensely! I'm proud of my Polish half for being the way that he is, everyday, next to me even when he is not physically there. I'm happy he is my husband, the mother of my little LadyBug Baby Girl. He understands the needs that a family has and jumps into, with care. He was the one who proposed I should stay a bit longer home so mum and granny could help and Emilia Elena could stay more with them. I was thinking it and did not say it out loud but he knew it nonetheless. Kocham cie bardzo mocno kotek!
Holding my little LadyBug Baby Girl 
2) My Little LadyBug Baby Girl Turning 7 Months! 2 baby teeth and growing the 3rd one! She's growing more and more precious and funny and sneaky as time passes by. Of course she is totally Daddy's little girl; everyone tells me how much she looks like Marek. I don't know where time flies like that... it was just yesterday I was pregnant and then, poof! The baby was born and I was panicked! Thank God for all the support I had/have from my awesome better half and from my Mum and Granny. Granny became her very best friend :) oh, how I wish she could remember, when older, the time she spent here, in Romania, with them...
Lucia di Lammermoor - March 2017, The Opera in Iasi
3) The Romanian Opera in Iasi - being able to see Lucia di Lammermoor live - now I have never seen/listen to Lucia live and I really wanted to take mum to the Opera before we went away - plane was on the 26th of March. Now... another blessing for the past month was that we rescheduled through plane and I got to spend more time with the ones I love. But... I chose Lucia as it was a first both for me and mum, and it was a success! We both loved it and agreed that the lasses and lads playing had very good condition - especially Lucia, her role was so demanding and impressively portrayed! Brava!
28th of March and the Magnolia tree in front of the City Hall is in bloom - priceless!
4) Seeing the Magnolia tree in front of City Hall in bloom again - Have you ever looked at the bud of a magnolia flower? It’s a tight little pod that stays closed up for a long time on the end of its branch until one day, out of nowhere, it finally bursts open into this gigantic, gorgeous, fragrant flower that’s ten times bigger than the bud itself. It’s impossible to imagine that such a big beautiful thing could pop out of that tiny little bud. But it doeitself. It’s impossible to imagine that such a big beautiful thing could pop out of that tiny little bud. But it does. (Joanna Gaines) I have always loved the Magnolia tree in front of the City Hall.  It was a pleasure to see it bloom in the first days of spring. It usually blooms in April around Easter time and the huge white flowers pop open and smile to the sun. It's a beautiful sight to behold and it always made me smile. I hope that one day my little LadyBug Baby Girl will see it and smile as well - now she's still too little for all that...
Tick-Tock... the Palace of Culture in Iasi and it's marvelous clock
5) Visiting the inside of the Palace of Culture in Iasi after more than 15 years, I believe! I remember being a wee lass myself and doing homework for high school, coming to the central library that was located on the side of the Palace of Culture. Then they closed the whole thing for renovation.  The Palace reopened in 2016 I believe, and it was a must for me to revisit as I did not go inside since high school! That's ages ago! :p But I managed a first even here. I have never been up there to the Central Clock in the Palace. It's a brand new attraction that was not open to public before.  You can go inside only once every hour, with a special guided tour.  It starts every quarter to the hour, so you could catch the mechanism when it sings and sounds the hour. It's quite impressive ;) I would say it's a must if you manage not to get yourself frightened from heights. You will have to climb and come down a set of ladders that are quite steep. But it's worth it! 

Yours very much sincerly,
The Twisted Red LadyBug That Wants To Be Thankful For The Little Wonders Of Life