If you've been reading my blog this year you must have noticed the challenge I have proposed for this year. It's hard sometimes to see the bright side of life. Even when looking at a glass of water we tend to see the empty half, nor the part filled with water. In fact, all that is relatively as the glass is never empty - the other half is filled with air! So what I proposed was that at the beginning of each month we should think of the things we are thankful for. It might be hard at first but you'll get better as time passes. Train yourself to see the beauty in the little things in life. Start with 5 things/Moments and work up from there ;) Here's my take until now for the month of January, February, March and April. For May am thankful for many things, but here are 5 picks:
1. Started working as an Editor for Hello.Poland (Facebook: @polandhello - Instagram: @hello.poland) - this is yet another project started having expats from Poland in mind. It has started slow, with just a handful of international bloggers, mostly living in Poland, writing about life in this lovely country. Now we are almost 20 of us! And the numbers of followers and people who like our page is constantly growing. I'm happy to help people newly arrived in Krakow, in Poland, with tips and tricks. There is much more info now online, on the social media, then there way 6 years ago when I settled down in Krakow. Glad I get to be part of the help, part of the solution.
2. Twisted Red Ladybug is becoming more and more famous... that's right! After being in an article in the regional newspaper, Dziennik Polski, I was invited to do a similar piece about being an expat blogger in Krakow, but this time at the national TV for the programme Dzien Dobry TVN 🐞 Proud to get the recognition, along with a lovely Indian lady who blogs about Krakow as well ;) Just so you know, I've also invited her to join Hello.Poland and she accepted, so you can find both of us there! Do come and join us, we write/post daily images/news/ideas about Poland in English language, so that everyone understands what's cooking ;)
3. Maria & Lukasz - wedding time - I can honestly say, hand to my heart, that it was one of the loveliest weddings I have ever been to! Of course, there might have been some factors that make me subjective... like: 1) I got to see my dear friends from work - that I have not seen for more than 10 months! Since I went into maternity leave most of them switched the company, so seeing the whole team at once... it didn't feel like work, it felt like family! 2) The wedding was done in a remote location that I've never been to! It is filled with history (the villa we've been staying in) and it's 200 meters away from a castle! (Lanckorona is the name). I loved the fact that we were in the middle of a forest and all you could see around were trees. 3) The festivity - civil ceremony - was done outside, open air! It's my first time witnessing that! 4) The bride, my lovely Maria, looked like a fairy - elf, with her blonde hair down in curls & white long lace dress... she was a star! 5) Speaking of stars, I can't remember the last time I have seen so many! I kept going outside just to catch a glimpse of them, in the dark of the night. Maria, Lukasz, once again, it was our pleasure!
4. The Little Ladybug Baby Girl turned 9 months old! I cannot believe how time flies... how fast she grows, how many things she can do now, or how sneaky she gets. She's going to be a tough cookie, smart and stubborn. She loves to know everything and she pays extra attention to every change. We're both so very proud of her, and she's the apple of our eye. I'm so happy that God blessed us with her, with her being born now - when we are 4 generations: her, myself, my mum and my awesome granny 💗🐞 God bless us, everyone! I'm happy we are all together and that The Little Ladybug Baby Girl can know them, up close and personal.
5. The sun - summer coming - I thankful, God, for the sunny days that are here. I am thankful for the parks and alleys filled with fresh green grass and lovely colourful flowers. I am thankful for the warm rays of sun and the fact that I don't have to wear layers anymore. I am thankful I can keep windows open all the time now, getting the air to circulate. I am thankful for the long walks in 4 generations - the small, the big Ladybug, mother of the Ladybug and Granny. I am thankful for all the time God gives us with them!
Yours very much sincerely,
The Twisted Red Ladybug That Wants To Be Thankful For All The Lovely Things Life Brings Us