Image Map

Friday, 13 October 2017

Bucket List: Sting Concert in Krakow

My dearest hearts,

Everyone has its own Bucket list of wishes and dreams. Some you may cross out faster then others, some - sadly - may remain unmarked. Last night one of my items from my list got crossed out thanks to my amazing better half. This month is my birthday and a few months ago I've received one of the best gifts: a ticket to Sting! That's right ;) Sting had an amazing concert last night in Krakow, Poland, in the Tauron Arena.  I've been dreaming to hear him live ever since I was a wee lass.  Besides my eternal love for Freddie Mercury and Queen I had a huge love for the trio: Sting, Brian Adams and Rod Stewart - I still do! Their voices did not change throughout time and their style is eternal. When they sing the music makes you soar and your heart flutters, so listening to them live surely provides goosebumps and trips down the memory lane. Sting in Krakow was a pleasure and a privilege to all the people gathered there last night.
Sting in Krakow, 12th October 2017
Sting presented his new album "57th & 9th" along with his band and his son, who did the intro for his famous dad. He is the "most popular pop artist" from abroad that played in Poland, this not being the first time he is in this fine land - he's been here more than a dozen times, and keeps coming back. His tickets are the the most expensive ones in terms of the concerts from artists coming from abroad, yet they always sell out fast. Sting is very popular here for his soft nostalgical pieces, but also for his progressive rock and symphonic arrangements. The prices on last night tickets ranged between 229 zloty to 399 zloty - the VIP pack between 593 and 723 zloty. 
Around 6:30 pm - crowds start to gather
The Arena was open for the crowd at 6:30 pm but even before that the people were swarming like bees around the area. People were hard to come, knowing that these kind of concerts usually take time and run late but the area in front of the stage - no seating - had people coming and staying on their feet for 2 hours (not moving, not to lose their place) until they caught the first glimpse of Sting. The first song that was played started around 20:10 and it was a piece that Sting sang together with his son. Then there was about 25 min of his son, playing the guitar and singing his own pieces - I must admit that when I closed my eyes I could feel that he had a similar voice as his father. Then there was a bit of break and at 20:55 the Show started. Sting is immortal in its own rights, he never changes, he never fades away and his voice is as amazing as always! He had a team of 5 behind him, his son included doing the backing vocals and singing from time to time a piece with him (great in "Shape of my heart"!). 

Sting has an energy that is marvelous to watch. Even before he started, my position allowed me to see after the stage as well, I would see him pace and run around - lights turned off and his son performing - and dancing to the music. It's a privilege to see a legend unwind before it's turn. It was amazing as well to see the love he has for his son and the positive vibes going back and forward with the crowd, who were supportive in every song. He played over one hour before he said "Daddy needs a break" and he let his son play one piece, after which he came back and rocked our world even more. He played over an hour an 40 min, he had a great encore and the people were thirsty for more! So he came back, rather surprised, played it's amazing "Message in a bottle" and promised to come again. Hopefully sooner rather than later :) here is his story about the last song he played: “I wrote that song almost 40 years ago in a little flat in London, with no one there but a cat who wasn’t interested in what I was doing. And to think 40 years later I’m here, with you, and you seem to know all the words - it means a lot to me.” 

The Concerts playlist - 12th of October 2017, Tauron Arena in Krakow, Poland:
"Synchronicity II"
"If I Ever Lose My Faith In You"
"Spirits in the Material World"
"Englishman In New York"
"Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"
"Mad About You"
"Fields Of Gold"
"Shape of My Heart"
"She's Too Good for Me"
"Petrol Head"
"Message In A Bottle"
"Ashes to Ashes" / "50.000"
"Walking on the Moon"
"So Lonely"
"Desert Rose"
"Roxanne" / "Ain't No Sunshine"
Bis:
"Next To You"
"I Can't Stop Thinking About You"
"Every Breath You Take"
Bis II:
"Fragile"

Yours from the heart,
The Twisted Red Ladybug That Loves Sting